Park Touring and the Genie+ & ILL option

But I don’t have an issue with Disney, the parks and the experience. I have an issue with not JUST the money grab of G+, but the way it is artificially creating a need that…isn’t a need.

And, more and more the conversations my wife and I are having is how we might find our use of DVC being our home base for going to UOR instead in the future. We are going to Disney in December 2022. We are hoping to create the full experience we had hoped to get in 2020. But we shall see what happens after that.

2 Likes

why not? Whenever we stayed on WDW property we always spent a few days at USO too. We didnt’ change resorts

For a hot minute we looked at going to universal. That system also favors those with money and a willingness to spend more to get more than others. It’s absolutely unfair but endemic is a capitalist society. We will buy G+ where it will save me time because my time is important to me. I’d prefer something different. I don’t know where to find that? This is probably whe we usually just go camping lol (also not an equitable vacation - I know).

4 Likes

We have really started pulling back on all amusement parks with all this skip the line nonsense that is just getting worse and worse. Our Disney trip in a month is a make up for May 2020 (non refundable tickets). After that it’s maybe see you sometime when the nickeling and diming leaves the scene. (Which I don’t see happening anytime soon because people are still accepting nickeling and diming.)

2 Likes

I think it’s really too early to tell how this all shakes out. It’s too new and we don’t know the ultimate adoption rate. Right now I don’t believe G+ has had much of an effect on standby waits. If that’s the case people will not buy it and look at it as a waste of money. Honestly, other than Rise and Remy (only bc it’s brand new) I really only see those ILL really making any kind of substantial impact on wait times.

3 Likes

If you like that, you might want to sell your DVC and use the money to buy premier USF stays for future trips. Price of a Disney moderate but equal or better than Disney deluxe.

1 Like

But didn’t you purchase MaxPass at DLR? I know that when MaxPass was available you could still get paper FP but it’s basically the same thing as Genie+. (Not just directed at you @vcka, but I thought you had used MP before.)

1 Like

I love my DVC but Universal has a premier AP for about the same price as a 5 day PH at Disney.

I would get free parking (at both), free express pass after 4, and a HHN ticket with that annual pass.

There is no need to give up the DVC I love.

4 Likes

Yes I have used MP at DL. Loved it. But we did it sometimes. If it was really crowded. I’m not sure about using it here BC I’m so close, I can just come back another day. I think I’m still evaluating ILL purchases. I would recommend it for RoTR. It’s worth it. But other stuff???

1 Like

I feel the same. I might buy it sometimes, but not for everyday/every park. I’m going to Epcot with a friend who’s never been there in December and I think we might buy the LL+ but not Genie+ It’s about the same price (I think - we’ll see).

I just can’t get that worked up about Genie+ having lived through the MP stuff. (I was not happy about it, by the way.) But most people loved it and didn’t mind the extra $$. I think we might have gotten it twice.

1 Like

Yep that sounds about right. I do feel bad for big families making a once in a lifetime trip that can’t pay even more

2 Likes

Yes, I planned out my the most possible LL purchases I would make and then subtracted that from other parts of our trip - basically bumping 2 TS and definitely not doing the fireworks desert party.

3 Likes

I dunno.
I tried to boycott Disney until they changed course on ILL$ and Genie+

Sadly DD6 has simply refused to enter the cryogenic storage unit in order to put her childhood on hold until this occurs.
Some people just won’t commit.

14 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: sometimes we just have to take one for the team :rofl:

1 Like

I NEVER EVER suggested anyone boycott Disney. I meant boycott the use of G+ and ILL. My apologies if anyone thought I meant otherwise.

1 Like

I didn’t think you ever suggested boycotting Disney. I’d love it if there could be ONE day where everyone in the parks refused to buy into Gene+ at all. I wonder how much revenue would be lost for that one day? It would be impossible to organize though

1 Like

Oh, I could see it. A national announcement goes out that everyone should NOT buy G+ for a day, and then a bunch of people show up going, “Sweet! I’ll be the only one who gets to use the LL today!” And as a result, record numbers of G+/ILL purchases will be made! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No, I was just kidding and didn’t think you did.

Now the Mickey Views rant… well, I might have starting cancelling my travel plans but i was too busy on Amazon buying torches and a pitchfork.

3 Likes

Ha!

1 Like

:joy: :joy: