Park Touring and the Genie+ & ILL option

can you share a link plz?

1 Like
4 Likes

Thank you!

After reading TP’s article yesterday, we are probably not going to purchase. Maybe for 1 day at HS, but I don’t know that we will need it for the current crowd predictions for when we are there.

2 Likes

Mickey Views is one of my favorite channels to follow. I loved this video from him. He does not hold back at all. It really helps to balance out the All Ears and DFB’s of the world. And the end of the PC Dev video was really great too. Since he’s usually pretty happy and optimistic, seeing him rant like he did made a great impact.

8 Likes

Oh, yeah. At the end? He seemed restrained, but downright furious. I’ve never seen him like that in a video before!

I get the anger. But a couple of comments.

I am waiting for the TP data on this. “Noticeably” doesn’t work for me because I have heard a lot of different accounts. Not saying it isn’t true. Just interested in data.

I am going on a CL 10 week and absolutely will use some of these tools. But I admit I am surprised when people ask “what is the best strategy for…” and people go straight for purchasing ILL x 2 and G+ plus as the answer. Even on a 10+ week I can’t imagine there will ever be a day Disney gets $40 per person from me.

4 Likes

TP has no data for this. They measure wait times, not “speed of line” times.

They sometimes count the number of people going through the lines. They did a lot of this to measure “ride capacity” when WDW first opened after COVID. I am sure they will look at the new capacity per hour of the stand by lines once LL has been in place for a few week.

2 Likes

That will definitely be interesting data if they provide it.

1 Like

But they can compare actual standby waits pre Genie to actual waits with it to see if there is a noticeable difference. Is that not the same thing? It’s what I want to know as a visitor.

5 Likes

Not really. Having the same wait doesn’t mean the same number of people got through during that wait.

That’s the tricky part. It sometimes gets mentioned on the podcast and sometimes shows up on a blog. But definitely not reported the same way as other data.

Not the same amount of people no, but when I join a line I don’t know how many people are ahead of me so that’s meaningless. If they said pre Genie you would have waited on average 20 mins, but since it started on the same CL you would wait on average 30 mins, that’s more tangible. To me anyway.

2 Likes

There are too many variables to determine much of anything that way, though.

Yes, yes. I get it. You just care about how long you are going to wait. But when determining if the LL is actually making waits LONGER, you have to have data with and without under the same circumstances and crowd levels, etc. People tend to make decisions whether to get into a line not just based on a posted wait time, but what the line looks like.

If a standby line is actually 20 minutes, then if you count how many people are in that standby line, you can then compare it a 20 minute wait with the LL. Let’s say that in 20 minutes without LL, 500 people get through that standby line, but with the LL active, only 300 people get through…the wait time is the same, but the number of people getting through the line is significantly less, which means it is a slower moving line. Effectively, it means that LL slowed down your wait, and that 20 minutes wait, without LL, should have been more like 12 minutes. The LL made your wait time 8 minutes LONGER, in a sense. (There are some other nuances there, since a percentage of those folks would have been in line anyhow.)

Exactly. And the speed of the queue determines wait time. That is the data you need. Period.

Of course it is! No need to over think things.

The decision would come more from what the lolly pop wait time says, not so much “what the line looks like”

Bottom line is TP will be crunching the data, estimating the LL/standby queue ratio, and getting pretty accurate numbers so that we can make the decision if G+ or ILL is worth it to us on a given day and specific park.

2 Likes

This was my favorite part of the last blog post.

• Will this expense make you lose self-respect? Some expenditures are a bridge too far for some people. Not spending money to jump the line on a theme park ride could be the hill you choose to die on.
5 Likes

So, are liners sycophants’ in IKEA rooms :joy: :rofl: :smirk:

1 Like

Probably. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the link. I agree w/ everything he said. Too bad not enough are willing to walk w/ their wallets and let Disney know it’s not ok. I’m watching the crowds increase in the parks. The parks w/ less to see and do but cost a lot more to get to… more in money and time (considering the walk w/o trams).

1 Like