Park ressies open for 10/1

Swan is a smaller hotel and has queen beds vs the humongous Dolphin with multiple wings and loooong hallways and double beds. The majority of the negative feedback I’ve heard (which is more frequent than any WDW hotel) has been with Dolphin so I’d choose Swan.

That’s right. I knew about but forgot about the beds.

Double beds? Shudder… (and not the good kind).

I sleep in a king. You go your way I’ll go mine. See you tomorrow. And don’t touch me LOL

4 Likes

Just booked Dolphin, lol! It was $50/night cheaper. I can deal with a small bed. I don’t plan to sleep much anyways. I’ll be getting in super late Thursday night, up early to be at MK for the 1st, assuming a very late night at MK, early morning at EP, another very late night at EP, and very early flight out the next morning.

ETA: Just FYI - Dolphin was $218/nt. Well, with taxes/fees it was $284/nt

5 Likes

Just a small tip: there has been some evidence that after you get a park reservation from the on-site bucket, it doesn’t go away if you cancel the hotel stay.

Now, I wouldn’t rely on this because the bug may have been fixed, but if it’s a matter of going to WDW or not, maybe think of it as a last resort (heh).

3 Likes

There have been a lot of reports recently (people that did split stays at swan/dolphin) that the beds are actually the same size at both resorts.

Swan has been experiencing some issues recently as reported on chat.

3 Likes

100% agree! In fact why don’t you just go sleep in the other room and I’ll see you in the morning?

Side note… my parents are celebrating 50 years together July 2 and have slept in separate rooms for practically 30 of them. Maybe that’s the secret?

4 Likes

If you know your Starwood properties, the Swan is formerly the Westin brand and Dolphin is the Sheraton (both now under the Marriott umbrella). The Westin always had slightly nicer amenities and more comfortable beds and better shower heads (in other places across the country, cannot confirm Disney), and also had slightly higher prices. Don’t know if Marriott has changed/standardized all the amenities or not.

4 Likes

:laughing:

Just for me whose park ressies for 10/1 disappeared twice (first MK then EP) and I have an active package with tickets.

:laughing:

4 Likes

I saw an episode of House Hunters recently with a YOUNG couple that wasn’t even pretending. They were looking for a 4 br home - one for him, one for her, one for their baby and one for guests.

I was like - that is GENIUS!!

6 Likes

I’ve always said my perfect marriage would include a duplex where we both have our own space lol

5 Likes

AP passes just added!

5 Likes

wow, that was fast… MK gone already

2 Likes