Park Reservation System thread

For now? Most likely they will increase capacity before then?

Yes most likely more Park passes will become available. Who’s to say they have not already accounted for a significant increase that far out?

1 Like

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
inhale
:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

7 Likes

They have the system in place, but I always keep in mind that they can disband it at any time if it’s no longer necessary.

I suppose they may decide to keep it around even when caps are lifted, since they can use it for planning and also to limit capacity on days like Christmas and New Year’s Eve. But on most days, it probably will be meaningless if they don’t ever reach capacity, other than just the administrative burden of entering your park passes.

2 Likes

This reservation system is such a PITA that I see it hanging around for a long long while, even if it’s not really needed anymore.

RIP Morning Bus Roulette :cry:

4 Likes

For those overseeing the parks, this allows them to get a good crowd estimate ahead of time. It’s a new tool that can potentially help the overall guest experience, if they make wise choices with it. If it was me, I’d appreciate a head’s up too.

Maybe I’m all wrong since they went to date based tickets before.

2 Likes

Yeah. But It basically does what the ticket sales were SUPPOSED to do though. That was one of the reasons they started getting all hinky with the prices and why you suddenly had to nail down when this ticket was good for.

–just saw you update. Don’t get ahead of me lol

2 Likes

I wonder what the proportion was for walk up sales?

2 Likes

This. They can’t not have it and go back… they can always ditch it…

If they want (which is a different conversation).

2 Likes

I would wager probably pretty insignificant. But the reservations DO group in APs and Parkhoppers (at least for the mornings), which ARE significant in number. So maybe we might see a move back to a more generalized ticket? (that’ll likely be the higher cost, obviously, but at least now you can use it anytime)

2 Likes

It’s possibly because they’ve started selling 2022 packages etc now, and they want people to be able to book parks when they book tickets.

They may want to try and encourage people to buy tickets now, whether as part of a package or otherwise. By having park reservations in place they think people are more likely to buy to ensure they can get to a park “in case they miss out”.

2 Likes

Reading through comments from other news articles, many people with AP’s are also very upset. Even to the point of not going back til it’s normal.

2 Likes

I think this is key… I believe that Disney will not feel wedded to anything it is doing now. If vaccinations roll out, or travel restrictions ease worldwide, or whatever happens, I am sure that Disney will modify its plans to suit itself, at any time.

My belief (based upon no facts of any kind) is that by December 2021, things will look very different than they do today…

2 Likes

One of the things that play into it, I’m Sure, is you can’t currently schedule a park reservation without a valid ticket or AP. So AP holders, who likely feel they should have a few more privileges than you average ticket holder, are likely feeling quite the opposite.

For example, the 10/1 MK reservations. Those of us who have an AP that are expiring before October, but can’t renew yet, are left out in the cold. If they don’t increase capacity, many an AP holder has no access to MK on that day.

I’m actually supremely lucky. Thanks to RotR going down that one day, where they gave me a hopper ticket that had no expiration as an apology, I was able to secure a slot to go to MK on 10/1. If it wasn’t for that, I wouldn’t have been able to reserve the park.

5 Likes

Sounds like fate…

1 Like

Virtually every AP holder I know who wanted to go for the 50th bought a ticket so they could book the park and will use the value against their renewal / new AP. They were doing that as soon as reservations opened up for 10/1. In fact, they are doing that for any trips this year.

They are very unhappy, but still took the only option available to them to be sure of being able to be in MK that day.

Some people purchased a resort vacation package with tickets, made a park reservation for 10/1, and had that reservation poof.

And then Disney was unwilling to correct the matter.

Some people (ahem, me) are kinda very pissed off and will cancel the whole thing if they cannot secure a park reservation between now and August 31

2 Likes

If you’re staying on site/DVC and have an AP are you only eligible for the Passholders pool of reservations?

Anyone staying on site has access to the on site pool for those days. (There were reports very early on of the system prioritizing certain types of tickets above others when determining eligibility for park reservations, but I think those were worked out.)

3 Likes