Park Reservation System thread

Surely though it’s no different than pre-Covid. How do they know when someone turns up at Epcot at 6pm for dinner that there is still room?

They know how many people have tapped in. They must count people out somehow. They won’t know who has left but they must have numbers.

Think about MK on NYE. By 11am, MK is sufficiently full that they declare level 1 closure. No day guests admitted (or whatever criteria it is). Then at 1:30pm it’s open to all again. Nearer to the first fireworks show it goes back to restricted entry, then the park empties as the families with very young kids leave.

How do they know all this? They have to have some way to count people out, even if it’s CMs with a clicker, or cameras that record exit points.

ADRs are allowed in even they are closed to everyone else EXCEPT when they hit full closure. But ADRs get same access privileges as onsite resort guests.

I liked Season 2 way more than 1. But I would’ve liked to see more superpowers being used. And the “twist” at the end I was underwhelmed with.

I think that’s where fastpass actually was shining behind the scenes? It was a great way to measure activity cause you had to tap in.

There’s also the fact that the MBs track you through the parks (another reason why I’m kinda scratchin my head on why they’re phasing out the complementary ones. It introduces a variable if people don’t have or turn on their phones)

It’s quite likely the tapstyles that you pass through on your way out record you just as much as when you tap in for entry…it’s just not as ‘showy’.

1 Like

I pretty much agree…regarding the ending. I realized after the fact that they showed the boy holding (well, sort of!) a toy bird. Was it a Sparrow? I may have to go back and look.

I feel icky. :rofl:

And yeah, I think it was a sparrow. That’s what the new group was called, right? Sparrow Academy? But I was actually talking about the Lyla’s part.

Oh. Yeah. I agree. Seemed to come out of nowhere…and a direct knock off of the villain from Heroes (kind of).

Ok that’s enough of this.

Dole whips are the best: yes?

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s better, whatever caused the blip in the space time continuum are fixed, life can return to normal. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

well…maybe…we have to see the reply.

Not gonna lie, i’m a bit scared.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to trying one with the coconut rum. I think it will elevate the Dole Whip to the next level, for sure.

1 Like

…wtf kinda answer is this?

Pick a side. Yes or no. Bestest or no?

Hehe. Just playin’ wit ya!

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/64815889.jpg

WE’RE GONNA BE OK, EVERYBODY!

We’re gonna be Oh. Kay.

4 Likes

I think this would be unfortunate for people staying at an Epcot resort or MK. So easy to hop in and out! And if we’re to stay near Epcot— I would want that to be my “food court.”

I hope they bring back hopping before I return. Since we would do a break, nice to go somewhere else.

1 Like

That was our original plan for December, since we’re staying at the Boardwalk. We’ve modified our plans now, but hope they will bring it back before we make it.

2 Likes

Even if you used Reservation Finder to locate an available Restaurant/Time slot, your still making an ADR (just not at the maximum horizon) … Otherwise you are a walk-in.

I found the video where Josh D’Amaro is quoted from that article.
The question is around the 4:50 mark.

I think he was talking about technology being used now to aid during covid, which does include the park reservation system. But in no way, does he specifically say reservations are here to stay.

YES!!! I think it would be a hard sell for locals, once C-19 is controlled, to maintain a res. system and get locals to purchase APs. Universal isn’t req. their APs or anyone to make a reservation right now. Thanks for the careful listening/research!

2 Likes

Well, it’s very possible that headline was fake news. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Hey, can anyone show me the reservation availability for Dec 5-9? Juuuuust curious…