Park Reservation System thread

You are so lucky that I love you!!! :kissing_heart:

Jajajajajaja
Jajajajajaja
I sense a disturbance in your force amiga
Jajajajajaja

1 Like

I sure do hope we get to meet up one day!

Iā€™ll slug you for this then :wink:

Looks like 2020 tix are still a no go as if this morning.

1 Like

Youā€™re joining the Liner hippie bus tour next year right??

1 Like

of course

Then it is foretold.
Anyone else joining us? I have to provide the itty bitty peanut bags you know. I need a headcount!

Oh how did you get on peanut duty?

So far the headcount isā€¦

Iā€™ll update you as registrations come in

1 Like

From blog mickey:
Disney Parks Chairman: "Park Reservation System is ā€œHere to Stayā€

This has extremely interesting implications, long term. Makes me quite curious. From the sounds of it, they have a plan already in the works that they arenā€™t sharing yet.

I get why Disney likes it. It allows them to fine-tune their offerings in the parks to a whole new level! This would allow them being more profitable and more efficient at the same time.

I do fear they arenā€™t realizing how much this impacts peopleā€™s on-going decisions in going to the parks to begin with. There is a lot of speculation already that part of the reason Universal is being more successful right now is due to the fact that they do NOT have park reservations. Other amusement parks that had initially implemented park reservation systems have since abandoned them because it was actually causing DROPS in attendance moreso than intended!

I get Disney is a different beastā€¦but still, they need to pay attention. ā€œRead the room!ā€ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I agree. I think they need to keep reservations for HS since that park clearly has a capacity that is being met or exceeded. But once the pandemic is over, even that one should be dropped.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not entirely sure how that will work with the current AP pricing and Iā€™m a little shocked that they will give up on their over priced park hopping tickets. I donā€™t mind reserving cause I already make dining reservations already but I do mind not being able to have breakfast in one park and seeing the firework show at another park in the evening when Iā€™m at Disney for a whole week. So hopefully there will be some kind of revision to this

3 Likes

Reserving is fineā€¦for single park ticket holders. AP/Park Hoppers are going to have to be able to skip that. (or at the very least, be able to reserve all 4 parks at once)

I have to figure the inability to Park Hop is hurting Epcotā€™s bottom line, too. No one can just hop over, grab food from a festival booth, and then hop out again. And once Space220 opens, thatā€™s going to a be problematic.

5 Likes

I thought universal had a reservation-like-system once upon a time: you paid for a certain day and itā€™s gone now. Good riddance. Iā€™m about to buy universal APs and am excited that Iā€™ll be able to drop in whenever the fancy strikes me; be spontaneous. Not happy about the permanence of this at WDW. Maybe it will bring the AP prices down?

I donā€™t mind the park reservation system while capacity is limited (meaning you donā€™t need FP or ADRs all the time), but once capacity increases it could be even harder to plan a trip. For our trip in January I spent so much time figuring out ADRs only to have to change a couple because of FPs. The only way I see it working is if they do the park reservation system date first, followed by FP and ADRs at later dates.

2 Likes

This seem a little like click bait, where the article is over implying the quote. Or should i say not using quotes in the article?

I admit i didnā€™t listen to the interview, so i cant fully represent an articulate review of it, but at a minimum the blogmickey article seems to be vauge in what was actually stated.

ā€œThe technology doesnā€™t only help us during a time of a pandemic, but I also think it actually leads to a better cast and guest experience. So these are things that are helping us now, but I think theyā€™re here to stay.ā€

Josh Dā€™Amaro, Disney Parks Chairman

1 Like

Plusā€¦canā€™t they already tell what park you are going to on a specific day with FP+ā€¦

2 Likes

If FP+ goes away, which I am fairly sure is the case, then I can see people having to book a park reservation instead so they know where people are heading to. And then being able to book a second park on the day. So after dinner, you think ā€œletā€™s go to Epcotā€, check and book the park for your party.

2 Likes

It seems like they are taking away all the perks of staying on property. They might regret that. People might be less inclined to spend $700/night for basically a bed and shower.

1 Like