Park Reservation System thread

Number 3 is my concern. We are booked at Pop Century starting July 12th and have heard NOTHING

1 Like

You’ll be able to book park reservations when you book your DVC stay.

It sounds like when you book a future resort reservation for a date up until Sept 2021 you’ll be able to check park availability and book for the parks when you complete the reservations and it’s linked to MDE along with tickets, APs etc. Or you can wait until nearer the date of your stay.

Or will there will be an onsite window like with ADRs and FPs?

*provided you have valid park tickets at the time of that booking

2 Likes

I wonder if you will be able to change what park you want to go to if there is availability.

4 Likes

Also …MaxPass or something similar may be coming to replace the old FPP system. Unfortunately, it costs more $$, but it’s fantastic! Try it, you’ll like it! (Of course, I’ve never used Magic Bands or FPP. They were not around for my one and only trip to WDW in 2012.)

We always bring a portable charger (or two) with us to DLR. One time we forgot and my daughter found an outlet in one of the stores on Main Street. I had to pretend to shop for quite some time so that we could get just a little juice back into one phone! LOL

1 Like

I believe we saw a modify reservation button on the Disneyland sneak peek video

1 Like

Do the other parks have on ride systems that automatically detect guests similar to the MB detection for on-ride photos.

I would just like to say, and maybe it’s because my trip is 11 months away, Disney just made planning a trip even more of a nightmare.

And I’m concerned about picking a time to enter a park. That’s going to limit the time in the park even more.

4 Likes

Just like you used to be able to change FPs and dining, you will be able to change your park reservations, subject to availability.

I’m getting the feeling people are freaking out a bit. I’m sure they aren’t going to prevent you changing plans etc. But it would make sense to book for the parks as soon as you are allowed to, to ensure you at least know you can go on each planned day of your stay.

I think there are two main unknowns just now:

1. What will happen for onsite guests who don’t have tickets? I assume they can phone and add tickets on June 24th, whether for 2020 or 2021. Again, poor wording there.
  1. Are they actually going to allow people to book for the parks all the way up until Sept 2021 for onsite guests come Monday? It does sound like you can, but I can’t imagine that’s what they mean.
1 Like

I hope that’s true! We are booked at The Riviera.

Can anyone guess if those of us staying at Shades of Green will be included as resort guests and allowed to make reservations on Monday? I do have tickets, park hoppers in fact, which is sad because I was excited to hop to different parks.

Our June 2021 trip is planned around my DD’s birthday so the dates are set. What if I get to July this year to make the DVC reservation and there aren’t any park days left for the dates I want to make my DVC reservation for? I have no idea what to do now. I feel like anyone trying to go via DVC next summer through September is in a really bad spot now given that we are outside of our 11 month window to book but park days will be able to be reserved starting June 28th.

1 Like

So pick the earliest time?

If the earliest time is available. I’m sure this will be like the mad dash for FPs.

Same here. Pop Century, arriving the 16th. Not a peep from Disney since that one email that they will reach out with more info later. I’m figuring if it lets us pick our parks on Monday that means we are in the clear. The MDE app still promotes mobile check in to Pop Century

I don’t know about that. My family would much rather arrive a bit later, particularly if the crowds are going to be controlled such that no touring plan is really needed.

I suppose my only issue might be that now a person who gets 4 hrs park time and a person who gets 8 hrs park time (based on arrival time) pay the same. But I suppose that has always been the case so I guess I don’t have a leg to really stand on. We have NEVER gone open to shut.

2 Likes

I’m sure June 2021 isn’t going to book out a year ahead. But you’ll be able to check before you book.

It says Disney Resort or other select hotel guests.

I’m sure Shades of Green and Swan & Dolphin will be included.

Magic Bands use Bluetooth Low Energy. All smart phones these days have BTLE, making the need full r MagicBands unnecessary…but they can work the same, regardless. The phone just offers additional functionality. Since almost everyone has a Smartphone, the requirement to provide MagicBands diminishes…especially as they are getting away from FPPs.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you’re worried.

Whether you’re staying at POP or they move you, you’ll still be an onsite guest. So you can book your parks and then move resort if necessary.

1 Like