Park Reservation System thread

So when we are able to book packages for 2021, does that mean we are able to reserve our park days then as well? I’m not sure I would know that far in advance, but I wouldn’t want to NOT reserve park days if I could just in case they fill up.

2 Likes

Does that mean i would have to have my phone out all day. What a pain. Wearing magic band is so much easier than holding my phone in my hand…unless no more fast passes ever again!!! :thinking: hmmmmmmm

4 Likes

I’m confused by all the dates mentioned. So am I supposed to be on MDE on 6/22 to book park days for my May 2021 trip that is already booked? It says reservations are until 9/26/2021.

It said somewhere in all the text that park hours would be displayed when you go to make park reservations.

Had me thinking there will definitely be a limit to when you can make your park reservations and made me wish they would tell us what that limit is.

Unless they’re just planning on having all park hours figured out through 2021. Wouldn’t that be something?

1 Like

Same! I’m so excited!

1 Like

I read June 28th. We have hotel only right now, but will ask my TA to add tickets. I’m confused if I have to buy 6 day park tickets. We did want to go to a Water Park one day. We can’t plan that far in advance without knowing if they will be open or not. I generally know what days I want to go where but it may change after things open up. I don’t mind planning, but I know things will change by our trip in 2021 so I have to make sure my feelings aren’t wrapped up in it right now, which is hard to do.

1 Like

I will be planning our DVC trip for next June but I won’t be able to reserve my DVC until I hit 11 months in July this year which is after the June 28th date to make reservations for this year. Am I going to need to book a regular hotel with tickets to ensure I have a park reservation for the time I am planning my trip and then hope it will transfer when I book my DVC room? My barely used AP will expire with the extension on June 2, 2021, a few weeks short of my end of June trip. I was holding out hope that it would be extended further due to the reservation system but that’s not looking good. I’m not sure if I will want to renew or just buy tickets. Any thoughts?

And what if our phone dies? The battery will surely run down quicker with the constant using of it!

4 Likes

Throwing in that park hoppers will be available again in 2021 complicates things as well.

1 Like

Then you’ll have the option to buy a $30 rechargeable battery at the kiosks! They’ll get all your money any way they can!

I had the same thought about FastPasses-maybe they are doing away with them permanently. :scream:

I’ve updated the first post in the pinned Re-opening thread and linked to here for discussion.

3 Likes

Maybe that would work for my plans. We wanted to do a water park one day until about 2:00 and then go to a park that night. I’m fine not going to a water park, my kids will be upset though. It’s fine though, especially since we are paying more money to stay at YC, to get SAB.

No mention of restrictions on that. If you have an onsite reservation it sounds like you can make them for the entire length of your reservation (for which you have valid tickets)

2 Likes

That is how I read it

I think it would be important for folks to know they can get into the parks they want before plunking down the money.

2 Likes

This would be important information to have. We’ll know on Monday.

1 Like

Ugh…hopefully you can still use the bands. I have enough old ones I can recycle.

You can still use the bands.
They are not going away
They will no longer be free with reservation.

3 Likes

No, it’s badly worded.

I think it means you need to make a reservation for each day that you want to visit a park.

If you look in the step by step guide, it words it better.

3 Likes

Okay, a few thoughts/questions

1. No more free Magicbands, looks like to me, they are going to try and make them irrelevant in the future. All MDE app all the time.

2. There has to be a date limitation for booking park reservations, similar to the old FPP booking day, 60 days in advance for on-site guests, 30 days for others.

3. What about the post- July 11th resort reservations? Will these guests get the confirm/cancel/modify email if at all?