Park Reservation question

If I am holding a park reservation in MDE and would like to change my park for that day, how do I check availability and change the park?

1 Like

You have to cancel the existing reservation before booking the new one.

So you need to check that there is availability in the correct “pool” first, and then cancel and rebook.

1 Like

Thank you! A related question… do you think I would have any trouble shortening my length of stay without losing my room discount? We are running into quarantine advisory problems when we return.

I can’t find a cancel button.
My MDE still shows my park ressies for my cancelled trip. And I wasn’t able to figure out how to let them go
Salt in the wound.

1 Like

I cancelled our trip just this week and had the same problem. I finally clicked on the park pass picture for each day and an “x” to cancel showed up I think on the next screen. I clicked on that and then checked our names and was able to cancel each one.

1 Like

Was there a discussion somewhere about that? In the park reservation thread maybe? Or it could have been I saw it elsewhere, I’ll try and find it if I can.

I would try both the app and website in the meantime.

1 Like

In MDE on your browser with the Park Pass there should be a “View Details” button – click on that and then you get a Cancel option

I’ve done it to switch around a couple of my original reservations. I wish you didn’t have to Cancel to change!!! Its a little nerve wracking

3 Likes

My computer calendar has been reminding me of every ADR I’d made for the trip that should have been ending today. :frowning:

So depressing

3 Likes

Exactly! Especially when I did not add them - spooky computer synergy!

1 Like

I shortened our stay yesterday (trip starts next Thursday) from 8 nights to 5 and from 8 day tix to 5. I kept the discount. I also changed resorts, still kept the discount.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

:cry:

1 Like

So @Nicky_S and @DumboRunner, I am nervous about canceling my park reservation and not being able to book another park. I just want to make sure I am looking at this correctly. I am staying on property in August but I am also an AP holder. When I look at the availability calendar for park reservations, I see all green for resort guests, but mostly yellow and some gray for AP holders. So, I should be able to get any park at this point in time since I am staying on property, right?

Yes!

I agree, I would be a nervous wreck having to cancel first. Fingers crossed for you. :crossed_fingers:

I recently changed dates and it was a three step process. First I checked availability on the link below. Then I cancelled the current reservation. Finally I made my new reservation. It’s not a great system. I wish they made it more like fast pass changes.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/

If you have any emails that have appointment confirmations of various types, Google (and possibly others?) can parse the emails for the relevant information and “auto-remind” you. So you probably have in your inbox someplace an email that had a confirmation of your ADRs, and Google is kindly reminding you not to forget.

Unfortunately, Google doesn’t understand the emotional turmoil such reminders might create. (Although, that might be a good thing! I’m not sure how I’d feel about software that “emphathizes”.)

2 Likes

It should. I have onsite resort reservations for 10 days and an AP, but I was able to make park reservations for the 10 days, and then later switched them around a bit. The system now (the first day it didn’t! It was limiting me to 3 days but it got fixed that first day and seems to still be fine) recognizes that you have the right to book park reservations for each day of your resort reservation. It worked for me – all I can say is it should work for you.

1 Like

Gotcha. I know it has usually stored hotel reservations (non-Disney as my TA handles Disney) as things I can choose to add to my calendar or not. Never realized it stored other things I never saw the option for. At least my trip would have ended yesterday. (The Celebrity app has been reminding me of my dinner reservations every night this week as well which just adds further insult!)

That happened to Me in April! Google just added them— so depressing!

1 Like