Park reservation availability crisis

Question for Disneyland regulars…we are heading to the Anaheim area on Saturday. DS21 finally decided yesterday that he will go with. I had not bought him a ticket yet because he has backed out the last several times. Now there are no park reservations available next week for 3 of the 4 days we plan to go. Is it likely that availability will pop up later? I hate to buy a ticket and bring him along only for him not to be able to get into the parks. Or do you think guest services would be willing to help since the rest of the family has park reservations?

1 Like

Well it didn’t take long to decide to buy the ticket and try using my liner skills to make it work. We have parkhoppers so the reservations don’t really even have to be for the same park; he would be happy to skip early mornings I’m sure anyway. Thankfully with UT the ticket is mostly refundable if I have no progress today or tomorrow. I’m currently using my refresh skills to search and seeing some shift in availability other days but not Mon-Thurs yet.

1 Like

An expensive option is to book a hotel room. Onsite guests have a different pool with lots of availability.

*I personally wasn’t willing to throw away $500 to get my brother in with me so instead I threw away my 1 day ticket and Christmas party ticket cuz I couldn’t get him either and didn’t want to not be with him. But I’m just telling you all the options! I also was able to reuse my 1 day park ticket on a later trip (which still was a partial waste cuz it was a multi-day trip so the cost of adding 1 day to my other multi-day ticket would have been cheaper but at least I got some of the value back).

2 Likes

I’ve also found that Disney is more likely to make arrangements for you if you’ve purchased the ticket directly through them. Maybe return the ticket to UT and then purchase through Disney, then you can ask GS to help you out.

I have friends who were in a similar situation a couple of months ago. When she went to GS to ask if they could add the additional family member to the park reservation with the rest of the group, the first question GS asked was where they bought the park ticket. Apparently the CM was super relieved that they had purchased directly through Disney, and said that made it so they were able to help out.

Oh, and I’ve taken advantage park reservations opening up on the morning of the day I wanted to visit. I had reservations for DCA, but I was wanting to do DL first. I just kept checking as my date approached, and finally on the morning of the day of my visit the DL reservation opened up.

2 Likes

:point_up: This. Keep checking – availability almost always pops up.

2 Likes

Yay!! I think they just reloaded those dates. I had booked him for a different date that was open and then tried modifying and suddenly the whole week was available! For a second I thought I had discovered a clever trick, but looks like now it’s just reloaded. Those were good suggestions though, thanks everyone!!

1 Like

Another question though… does Disneyland allow you to modify tickets online like WDW does, or does it have to be done at guest services? Just in case we want to add a 5th day. I can’t find a way to get to my tickets on the website after they were entered.

1 Like

Most modifications have to be initiated in the app for Disneyland. And in my experience, you can’t add days to a ticket in the app until after you’ve used one day – you have to call to do that.

1 Like

Sounds good, thanks! Just downloaded the app so I’ll poke around there a bit.

1 Like