Park Pass Reservation Question

As things are now, if I make a Park Pass Reservation for Hollywood Studios, then leave for a mid-day break, would I be guaranteed reentry back into Hollywood Studios later that afternoon (after 2:00)? I read on a disney parks mom panel that you were guaranteed re-entry because your reservation counts you for the whole day even if you leave for a while. But, that post was made months before park hopping was allowed again. So, do you think park hopping has made it possible for someone with a pass to get denied entry into their reserved park if it is late in the day and full of park hoppers?

1 Like

It might depend on your ticket type, for example, if you have a one park a day ticket I don’t think they could deny you reentry to the park you have a reservation for. But if you had a park hopper ticket I don’t know?

1 Like

I think we don’t know the answer to this. So far I haven’t heard of anyone being turned away yet. But I also haven’t heard guarantees. But I could be wrong.

1 Like

I agree with others - this is a question that I haven’t specifically seen addressed. But since no park has reached capacity yet since park hopping returned, (ie no one has been denied entry) I hope it is a moot point.

2 Likes

If you just leave for a mid-day break then yes. A park reservation is good all day.

Now if you had hopped to another park I don’t know whether tapping in elsewhere would effectively cancel the park reservation “guarantee”. Opinion is divided.

2 Likes

I agree with @Nicky_S, your pass for that day guarantees you entry all day. If you park hop, then you follow the park hoppers rules upon entry into the second park.

2 Likes

I asked three different times on Disney’s site chat about leaving for lunch or a break and returning and three times was told by different CMs that yes, if you made your park reservation for that park, you can come and go.

You almost never have 2 CMs agree like that, much less 3, so I’m pretty sure that the number allowed to hop in will be based on the difference in capacity and how many people made park reservations for that park on a given day. (And if there are no park pass reservations available (as apparently Studios is looking for Feb 15 and 16 from another thread), there would be no hopping to Studios on those days. Unless a SIGNIFICANT number of people change their park reservation when they don’t get a boarding pass.)

6 Likes

Or they are allowing an extra 3-5% on top of the 35% capacity that Disney are publicly saying the parks are at right now.

I have no clue. They did say that hopping space would be based on availability and might not be available to all parks.

Wow, thanks. That is great intel.

1 Like

You’re welcome! At the time I was going to do Studios and take a break for lunch at Beaches & Cream, since I’m not really stressed about getting things done in Studios when i do go as I only care about Tower, RnRC, Muppets, and MMRR. But I wanted to make sure I could get back in.

It’s a moot point for me now as I’ve dropped Studios from rotation for February, but I may use the same plan in July.

2 Likes

fyi, I just spent a half hour chatting online with Disney about this. It seems, even if you have a park reservation, if you are not in by 2pm when park hopping begins, you may not be allowed in if park reaches capacity. I assumed a park reservation got you in the park. I did not know we had to be in before 2pm. We are going fishing on bay lake in the morning, and was planning on going to Epcot mid afternoon, but it seems we need to be there earlier to be safe.

1 Like

First, no one has been stopped from park hopping yet. Second, I honestly think that is wrong.

Your APR is for the day, not for “before 2”. Others have been told if you have an APR and leave, and never PH, you will always be guaranteed to return.

7 Likes

Agreed that is incorrect information. I asked 3 different cast members “What happens if I leave the park I have a reservation for to eat lunch and it fills up with people hopping?” and all 3 of them said that your reservation is valid for the whole day and all reservations are factored into numbers should capacity become an issue to close a park to hopping.

You NEVER get the same answer from different CMs.

4 Likes

I think so to. When I was told “we may not be allowed in if park reaches capacity”, I asked if capacity has factored in our park reservation which has not been used yet (assuming we arrive at 3pm). I was given this example, if park capacity is 100 people and 90 people are in the park at 2pm with their park reservations, and the other 10 hop in at 2pm, then the park is full, and we would have to wait for people to leave. I can’t imagine our park reservation would not be factored in somehow, but that’s what I was told.

Yesterday the park availability calendar was grey for all ticket categories but when I called the park hopping number it said park hopping was open. So call b/c even if all parks are at capacity you will probably be allowed to hop.

3 Likes

Also I have seen people have been told that even if you do park hop, you can return to the park that you have a reservation for.

1 Like

I just chatted with Disney again. I was told that the park reservation is good for the day, regardless of what time you show up or if you leave and come back. You are guaranteed that park on that day. Only the park hoppers are potentially limited. Very different from my first conversation. I should’ve asked a few times before posting. My apologies.

3 Likes

I think they will only close park hopping in exceptional circumstances, like on October 1st MK or when there is a popular festival or event (fireworks?) at a particular park so everyone wants to hop to the same place. But that’s unlikely to happen till the pandemic is closer to over anyway, at which point caps may be increased.

2 Likes

There might be fireworks sometime this summer. Probably at Epcot.

But … it could be ticketed only. Free or otherwise, not sure if that’s been decided.

2 Likes