Park Pass Changes

Key changes:

• modify existing reservation w/o cancelling :slight_smile:
  • book for AP’s and day guests in one transaction
  • book for up to 30 people at once (up from 12)
13 Likes

It’s absurd that this wasn’t possible from day one.

10 Likes

Now I am really torn… I would love to swap to MK so I could meet Merida(who only meets before hopping time) - and MK passes have opened - but I also want to maximize my saving the galaxy opportunities.

Total first world problems!

3 Likes

The issue is that my existing park reservations have been split. We are a party of 3. I know have 3 park reservations per day instead of one :frowning:

1 Like

Agreed! I don’t understand why they didn’t patch this if not making it work that way on launch.

2 Likes

So I have heard but not actually tested this yet but word is you can get your BG at 7:00 then switch to MK APR. Go to MK then hop to EP and still use your BG. We might test it soon but that will be too late for you :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks for calling this out. My December rezzies were split into individual “party of 1” rezzies. I cancelled and rebooked them all and now I have “party of 3” rezzies like before. This should make it easier (and less risky) to modify last minute should the need arise.

Edit: when I rebooked I had a choice of booking as a ticketholder or hotel guest. I chose the former to keep flexibility of canceling the hotel stay.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1562169235698335744?s=21&t=VdQsvloIOcpdnCrrJJ4ssw

Seems to be an exception to being able to modify a park rez: if you’re an AP holder staying at a wdw resort, it can’t be modified, only canceled/rebooked - but it also doesn’t count against your AP allotment.

2 Likes

My combo AP/ticket reservations still show as different types of APRs (the same as always). I have seen screen shots that show other users look different in MDE now?

1 Like

Consolidated APRs for AP’s and non-AP’s might only be possible if booked after 8/23?

1 Like

Ok, early reports I read said that they would change after the update but honestly there is no way I have more than 10 minutes to look at anything this week so thanks for the help.

2 Likes

I don’t know if anyone will know the answer to this yet, but worth a try.

At the moment in MDE everyone’s park reservations show individually. Urgh.

Best thing would seem to be to waded through, cancelling 52 reservations (13 days, 4 people), and then rebook as a group.

If I do that now, we are far enough out for that not to be any issues with availability. And that means any future changes will be much easier.

BUT

If I do that and then one of us wants to do a different park, can I still modify just one person’s reservation? I have to assume the answer is yes…. except so far this is a mess for anyone with existing reservations.

Did no one test this change? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

The answer is yes - I just tested it for a December “party of 3” APR. It actually asked me who I wanted to modify it for. I was able to modify it for just 1 person. This split the person off into a separate “party of 1” APR for a different park, leaving 2 on the original APR.

3 Likes

OMG I can’t believe you have 52 reservations individually listed out on MDE! That is ridiculous.

I am not super surprised that they didn’t though. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah I also have all
Individual park ressies showing. It’s annoying

But if I do t regroup us will it make it difficult for G+/ILL$/VQ?

2 Likes

It shouldn’t make a lick of difference. All it cares about is who you are linking plans with + who has valid admission / reservation that day. It doesn’t care if it’s individual or group reservations.

3 Likes

Ok good. That’s all I care about.

I’m going to be at Epcot on the 21st night of September and I intend to ride GOTG 3 times (and I better get that song!!). Didn’t want these ressies messing with my chances.

3 Likes

Me too but I’m only riding once. I told DD to tell her friends that work there they should play that song all day :grin:

4 Likes

It shouldn’t affect them.

The system already has to check for friends and family first, and then looks for park reservations.

I assume it’s just the way the reservations are displayed that’s changed. If one person in your group had a different park reservation it didn’t affect you booking ILLs or G+ passes for a hopping park. So, in my mind at least, this should be no different.

2 Likes

Thank you @DWJoe ! That’s great you’ve already tested this. Makes me feel a lot better.

1 Like