Park hopping questions

Hi all, we are just outside of 60 days to our trip, so I’m trying to get caught up with all the changes since we went 3 years ago.
I searched and couldn’t find an answer to this: Do we need to make Park Reservations for the 2nd park we are going to park hop to? I’ve only made park reservations for our first park so far.
Also, how does Genie+ work with park hopping? Say we are leaving our 1st park and want to book a LL for our 2nd park. Can we do that or not until we scan into the 2nd park?

Nope. You only need a ressie for park one.

You cannot hop until/unless you’ve tapped into that park.

Park hopping begins at 2.

4 Likes

You can book LL for your 2nd park at any time. On the tip board, just “Change Park” to the one you want to book LL in and go ahead. The only thing mildly tricky is waiting for rides to get into your park hopping zone if you plan to be there well after 2. I think it does default to after 2 for your 2nd park choices though so if you plan to immediately hop it should be a little easier to start stacking right at 2PM…

4 Likes

Just in case you were wondering, we didn’t have any problem hopping to a “sold out park pass” park. For example, we had a reservation for Epcot and hopped to HS at 2pm (on a day when no park passes were available) without issue.

1 Like