Park Hopper Opinion

So I have a trip coming up in Oct, 6 park days. We have 2 days allocated to HS, 1 for basically Star Wars and 1 for everything else. We’ve kicked around the idea of getting park hoppers, which would add another $320 to our trip. Thing is, we were only thinking of using the hopper on Tues since we likely arent gonna want to be in HS for 2 whole days. Should I spend the money for a hopper and jump to Epcot for dinner or should I try and cram everything into one HS day? I’m well beyond torn.

You could still do 2 days at HS and just got your day short. Nothing wrong with ending the day early and relaxing at the resort. You’ll need it, especially after dealing with HS.

1 Like

Why not be flexible? Book for an Epcot dinner and a back-up plan. Then wait until until you’re there to decide.

If your first day goes according to plan, you get into Galaxy’s Edge and are well on track for finishing what you hoped to do that day, you can then decide to keep the Epcot dinner and upgrade to park hoppers. If things took a lot longer than you thought, and you think you’ll need that second full day, then drop the Epcot ADR.

2 Likes

Obviously, this is a personal call. For me, if I was only planning on using it once I wouldn’t do it. I’d rather have $300+ for extra souvenirs or something.

1 Like

There are so many resort dining options, no need to jump to Epcot for dinner. Or go to Disney Springs. Use that money at The Void or the Lego Store. Or a dessert party.

1 Like

LOL, of all the scenarios I was kicking around my head, that wasn’t one of them. And that’s actually a pretty good idea

I’ll do this, thanks

I agree

I love park hopping…BUTTTT for only 1 day, I wouldn’t do it. Plus with HS possibly being a mad house, it may take you longer than you think…then go to resort or boardwalk or DS for dinner and watch fireworks from a resort or just chill at resort pool

On ya’lls advice, I booked a Paddlefish ADR for that evening and will play that park day by ear. Thanks!

1 Like

I just skimmed the thread quick, but you don’t have to decide on the hoppers now. If you get there and decide hopping makes sense, you can upgrade your tickets.

Unless something has changed recently. You’ll still pay the full price to upgrade, it won’t be reduced if you have already used a couple of days. But if you’re not sure, no reason to pay upfront.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t buy them for just one day. There are plenty of resort restaurants I’d want to try, so I’d ADR one of those on your early night. Are halloween parties making your MK plans difficult? Because Sept-Dec is a time of year when I’d be most likely to get hoppers and I’m planning on them for our next trip in November 2020.

Nah. We’re doing the party on Sun evening and a full MK day on Wednesday

1 Like