Park bag

is it though? It’s not already 2lbs+ before you even put a thing in it? :stuck_out_tongue:

No.

Yes. And one I will easily advocate an omitting of. The only time it’s needed is something like last years mothers day week…er…sorry “Monsoon’s Day Week” cause it rained for hours on end daily. But that September, it was obvious it wasn’t needed. I carried it around all day and it was a dumb move. By the time I broke it out for any of the rain, it had already passed.

Agreed.

heh There’s a bit of a paradox I partake in here when it comes to this stuff. A … uh… “benefit” to my mild ADHD. I move SO fast at times that I build up a buffer to slow down and take in details. It’s like moving in “bullet time”: everything around you slows down the faster you go. (also allows me the ability to see the same thing 3x over in the same time frame. )

but a fan that has less air-throwing power than a toddler with asthma you’re all in on? okie dokie :rofl:

1 Like

I do not - that is one thing I just can’t get on board with carrying even though I know it is the lore environmentally friendly choice.

We pack the cooling towels. For Florida heat, with a rather complain-y DH, it is useful. I consider it our one “unecessary” item. These are the ones we got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014X3L9EA?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title super light and compact. Folds up and fits in a pocket.

I will say, I’m curious if we will use them as much this time - last time we were there in the heat of summer we camped at FW. So we never had any true relief from the heat. This time we’ll be going to and from the a/c of the Dolphin so DH may be a bit more heat resistant.

It was nice for him (with his fair skin) to have something to keep the sun off his neck.

Ha ha that’s a good point. My kids mostly spray them at each other. The top of the bottle is bulky but it’s not heavy at all. There are different sizes, I got the smaller size which is perfect for kids.

I believe that you are referring to more than 5 people, so the correct grammar would be “all y’all”…

And you are right - they be cray cray. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building doesn’t do that - you are thinking of @profmatt. :rofl:

1 Like

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

I would just like to put out there I have done Disney in June without an “essential park bag” and never gave it a thought or had an issue. To be fair this was before it was necessary to use a phone to make fastpasses on the fly. Back then we each had our Disney ticket on a lanyard around our necks. I had some cash, ID, and a credit card in what looked like a credit card sized change purse on my lanyard along with my digital camera in a small bag on my belt. I had a tube of sunscreen in one pocket and each of us had a small throw away poncho in a pocket. A couple of us had a water bottle holder attached to a belt loop with a small locking carabiner which held a wide mouth water bottle. We survived Disney World just fine and never felt we needed anything we didn’t have.

2 Likes

Out if curiosity, I have to wonder if that hard tiny case would be allowed. Technically bit isn’t a cooler, but Disney specifically does not allow hard coolers. The question is why. I am guessing Disney isn’t anticipating people carrying hard-sided “bags”, so doesn’t call them out. Hard-sided coolers are common, so they do. I would think, however, that the hard sided case violates the intent of the rule even if not the letter of the rule.

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building, you might want to get that clarified from Disney directly ahead of time to be sure.

1 Like

This is interesting.

On the one hand, I think your point is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read on these — or any other — forums, now, or at any point in the past, on this — or any other — subject.

On the other hand, the exact same thought had occurred to me to.

Well, not this part of the thought:

That does genuinely seem ridiculous to me. Hard-sided coolers are large and knock into people’s legs, presumably.

My tiny case is tiny. And hand held.

Sure, if I were to, say, smack you really hard in the face with it — it would have to be the corner of it to do any real damage, it’s mostly plastic, not metal — then it would give you a nasty bruise. But then Disney allows camera tripods in (though not selfie sticks) and you could probably whack someone in the face with one of those if you were so inclined.

It’s a much easier “bag” to search than most people’s bags. It opens flat and wide-open for inspection. Security will appreciate that, surely.

The Disney rules say this:

There is actually no specific reference to “hard coolers” that I can find. Or hard anything. I searched.

The rules do also say this:

But I’d be interested to know on what grounds my bag / case is objectionable. After all, anyone who’s seen The Godfather, Part 3 knows that you can kill someone by stabbing them in the neck with a pair of spectacles, and those are allowed in the parks.

That’s my concern. We don’t know. I can see a hard-sided cooler not being allowed for a variety of reasons, some of which would and some of which wouldn’t apply. One is that a hard-sided cooler would very easily be weaponized. (Not that anyone couldn’t weaponize anything…but having a hard-sided cooler makes this particularly easy.) Anyhow, you might be fine…but if you are counting on using this, just be prepared for the possibility they could reject it as being allowable. It seems to me contacting Disney directly and sending them a photo of it might alleviate any potential concern, is all.

Maybe they will be fine with it.

If it has a shoulder strap, there is a possibility that you clock a little one in the head with it as you’re moving through crowds. no malicious intent involved, but it’s something that wouldn’t happen with a soft bag.

But they are not specifically prohibited. And other types of container are.

Did you not read my ten thousand word essay in full? Part of the drama of all this is that I hate shoulder straps of any kind. This thing just has a handle.

I think that would be really hard to do except, as I say, by using the whole thing as a weapon. But then I could smash a plate and stab you with the shards, or just use a knife or fork. There’s plenty of them around.

Or my new metal straws.

I don’t disagree.

The beautiful and fragrant @OBNurseNH has offered to ask at park security itself. I’ve furnished her with a photo.

1 Like

Maybe I am still stuck on the whole straw thing, but when I saw this I initially thought, “wow she is really in vacation mode if she brings a little tiny umbrella for her drinks!” Apparently I didn’t get enough sleep last night open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella::open_umbrella:

Oh my gosh, this made me laugh out loud! Hahahahahaha!

4 Likes

admittedly… I missed that part. That said, how does Disney know this? So yeah, a call to disney is probably your best bet. Who knows, they might say your pelican case might be the best idea they’ve ever heard/seen (happened to me with a luggage carrier that they never saw before).

2 Likes

You are correct that the verbiage on Disney’s site doesn’t restrict them, but found several Disney-related websites that explicitly call out hard-sided coolers as not allowed. This makes me think that they enforce such a rule without necessarily explicitly stating it…otherwise, why would these various websites claim otherwise?

It is possible that it USED to be an explicit rule, but the language was changed to make it more ambiguous specifically so that they don’t have folks claiming that their “case” is not technically a hard-sided cooler, etc.

Hey. I’m not trying to rain on your parade. Just wanting to be sure that it all works out and your best laid plans aren’t dashed before you make it through security! :slight_smile:

Well they’ll see it at bag check. There’s nowhere to attach a shoulder strap.

I get that. But you brought the lawyer in me out. (You know I have a law degree, right?)

While we’re talking about rules and whatnot, how was this allowed in the parks? I saw it last year in the Plaza Gardens while I was waiting for HEA.

Let’s keep it on topic: ridiculous park bag setups :rofl:

It’s fun watching your live editing of that post!

But there is one thing that is clear: you’re jealous of my amazing case and its amazing miniature contents.

1 Like

Yeah I realized after the fact that it came off a little brisk (didn’t want that), so I changed it to your park bag, but then I remembered you didn’t start the thread and so landed on what we have now.

Also crazy jealous of the back ache you’ll likely experience at the end of the day.

2 Likes