Park bag

I have been known to bring an air pad as well. It can be a butt saver waiting for Fantasmic2059452_408_main

2 Likes

Does it fit in cargo shorts pockets?

I used a crossbody bag, and carried: credit card, some cash, some gift cards, pain reliever, mole skin cut in a few different sizes, my phone, trading pins, some snacks, my sunglasses (after the sun went down), and probably some other stuff that I’m not thinking of now.

4 Likes

Lol, not quite. This can only be brought on days that I have a bag. It does roll up rather small though, about the size of a soda can.

We have a number of these. I don’t think length matters for adults. We have some shorter ones for my son and his little plastic cups. But sometimes he wants a “big straw” and they are pretty light so they don’t tip over even super light plastic kids cups.

I was wondering because Are drink cups longer if they are 12 or 16 ounces? I think it could be an issue if they are too long or too short? I think I found a package that has multiple sizes. I just read that plastic is banned as of today?

Ok, sorry, I am not positive about the Disney drink sizes. We just use these at home. But I did see that straws are gone now! I feel like the long straws that we have would probably work fine in most park cups unless you are going to the movies and getting like the 48oz jug.

The stainless steel straws are a good idea at home. But I think for carrying around the parks would be annoying and potentially dangerous! (I’m imagining accidental impaling occurring!)

But there are silicon reusable straws you can get as well, which ARE flexible. For example:

2 Likes

We went to WDW in June of last year and will go again in June this year. We were definitely OK without all the fans, cooling towels, etc even though everything I had read made it seem like we needed them. I think these lists are great for ideas but realize it comes down to personal preference as well. For example, some say sneakers are a must but yet I prefer flip flops all the way and I know that’s what works for me.

Here’s my list of what’s going in our park bag based on what we actually used last year. The realization that I came to is that we really used what we always use regardless of being in FL.

-These water bottles for the kids only that spray. DH and I were fine getting water at the park.
https://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Licensed-ArcticSqueeze-Insulated-Squeeze/dp/B06XJDJGCL/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=O2COOL+Mist+'N+Sip&qid=1555937991&s=gateway&sr=8-12

• Small Umbrella (if rain is in the forecast I may throw in the kid’s small rain jackets but will not carry them otherwise)

-Clorox Hand Sanitizing Spray

• Travel Wet Ones

-Travel Sunscreen (we sunscreen at the resort so this is only to reapply later in the day)

-Power bank (only on long days)

-Extra undies for my youngest

-Very Small first aid kit

-Flip flops for DH and my oldest DS (everyone else wears shoes that can get wet). DS will complain about his feet and will want to change shoes at some point in the day, also.

-A small M&M container with pennies and quarters for pressed penny machines.

-Our phones with ID and a credit card, hard copy of the schedule.

That’s it. Other than the umbrella, water bottles, and flip flops, everything fits into a med sized pouch that can go into a backpack that DH carries or a crossbody bag that I carry.

And now after reading this thread I am thinking I need to get reusable straws. :smile:

1 Like

Ok seriously, what are you doing and where are you carrying these straws that you are at any serious risk of impalement? Like I imagine your keys could do more damage than these.

Oh. Well, I mean, what if I’m holding it in my hand, next to my eye, while riding Space Mountain or something? :wink:

Okay. Not saying it is likely, only that a stainless steel straw, if positioned awkwardly, could have the potential to do harm, whereas harming yourself with a silicone one would take a special act of super powers to pull off! :wink:

1 Like

For the straw situation, I think I will channel my inner child and bring red vines and just bite off the ends. Viola! A straw and dessert!

10 Likes

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Ah! I remember doing this as a kid. Honestly, I don’t really like Red Vines or Licorice-based candy. (Actually, I’m generally not a candy person at all, other than something with chocolate.) But I think that’s a great idea in this case. The flavor of a Red Vine is fairly mild. It might not work for something like milk, but things like Diet Coke, etc., it would be fine.

(And bonus that there’s no risk of poking your eye out with a Red Vine!)

1 Like

Red Vines - a simple solution!!! :grin:

1 Like

I think we all know that @ryan1 would be carrying them in his cargo shorts. I don’t think I need to explain further what the risks are of having a poking implement in your pocket. :grin:

6 Likes

:hushed::astonished::weary::grimacing::woozy_face::pleading_face:

2 Likes

And that’s why you want soft straws!

Our trip this month was just me and dh and three out of the four days we managed to go bagless! Staying on property helps a lot, as we can put on sunscreen and such in the morning and reapply on our afternoon break. Dh wears cargo shorts and had his wallet and my inhaler in his pockets and all I had was my phone. It’s very freeing!

3 Likes

We did have a credit card on file so just used Magic Bands for any purchases.