Pandemic fears and crowd levels?

Agreed. I certainly don’t have any better ideas. And it probably works ok for people who are primarily concerned with experiencing the most rides/experiences possible during their trip (i.e., most people). My own observation has been that TP crowd predictions used to be a lot more consistently reliable, but have become somewhat less so over the last three or four years. To be fair, Disney itself has been less consistent and reliable during the same time period. So maybe there has been a cascade effect.

I’m going to check out the UT calendar and compare during our upcoming trips. Thanks.

1 Like

I hope this continues into next week.

2 Likes

Steve Bloom posted this just a a few minutes ago (about 2:30 CST, March 5) on the Rise of the Resistance data thread in regards to changing the criteria for DHS crowd levels:

"We (Touringplan staff) debated changing the time of day we use for the Crowd Level at DHS. We decided to leave it at 11 am to 5 pm. The reason we don’t use the morning wait times in the crowd level is that morning crowds are not a good indicator of the entire day.

When we made the rule, mornings were typically always low, even on crowded days. At DHS, and the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance, it is also true that the morning craziness is not a good indicator of the overall crowd level. Regular Boarding Groups are all gone in a few minutes every day. Slinky Dog is going to hit 90 minutes by 9 am regardless of the Crowd Level."

1 Like