Packing your own meal (extreme food allergies)

My wife needs to pack her own lunch and eat in in the park (extreme food allergies). Is this generally allowed? Could she bring it into a restaurant with me and the kids who are ordering? Normally when we explain this to the restaurant they are fine with it as long as the other 4 of us are actually ordering food there.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Taking food into the parks is no problem as long as you’re not using a hard sided cooler or have loose ice.

I don’t know about the restaurant thing.

2 Likes

It should be fine. In our case they were pretty great about food allergies. There is a place in MDE to indicate food allergies on your dining reservation; this way they are aware even if she is not eating. We brought food in for my nephew due to allergies a few years ago and it was not a problem. Good luck!

2 Likes

Disney does allergies and intolerances very well. My husband is only able to eat a small variety of foods. He doesn’t have the “normal” allergies that they cater to, but a chef will always come out and talk to you if you have more than one allergy or complex dietary needs. They will actually devise meals you can eat out of ingredients they have on hand. They are very good at that. That’s not to say they can always accommodate complex ones. For example, DH can’t have most spices. He can’t expect to go Morocco or Mexico pavilions and get spice free food.

If you talk to the chef and they can’t accommodate your wife, I don’t think that they can not let her eat something she has brought. Mind you, don’t go to buffets, because you’ll still be charged.

2 Likes

The OP posted this under Universal, not WDW.

2 Likes

ROFL!!! I’m totally out of it.

Can’t help with UOR stuff at all.

1 Like

We brought in sandwiches water & snacks with no hassle. Universal stated policy is a bit tighter than Disney bc they say “no picnic lunches” or food requiring refrig but they also state leniency for special diets. So I wouldn’t sweat it.

1 Like