Overthinking! Please Review ADRs & Plans!

So I’m WAY overthinking things I’m sure. Please take a look at my plans so far and provide any feedback - good or bad!

• Party of 5 - DH, myself, DS (15), DS (8), DD (4)
  • Staying at YC
  • Standard DDP and paying OOP for Hoop Dee Doo (since Tier 1) and Via Napoli; Will do QS where no meal is listed
  • Have our own transportation but prefer not to use it when possible

6/9 -
Arrive
Hoop Dee Doo 6:15

6/10 -
EP RD
Afternoon Break
Via Napoli 6:15
Illuminations

6/11 -
HS RD
Afternoon Break
H&V Fantasmic Dinner 4:55
Fantasmic

6/12 -
AK RD
Yak & Yeti 12:45
Pool/relax for rest of day

6/13 -
MK RD
CRT 1:05
Plaza Garden Dessert Party 7:45
Happily Ever After

6/14 -
HS RD
1900 Park Fare Brunch 11:35

6/15 -
AK RD
Tusker House ROL Lunch 12:30
Afternoon Break
Pizzafari Family-Style Dinner 6:30
ROL

6/16 -
BOG 8
MK RD
Afternoon Break
Chef’s 6:30
DS

6/17 -
Akershus 8
EP RD
Tour until whenever

6/18 -
Bon Voyage 8:55
Check out
Pool time before going to Universal

Hi … personally I wouldn’t go to Via Napoli. We went in October and it was the worst meal we ate during our 2 week stay … maybe look at Ale and Compass at the Yaught Club which was awesome or Beaches and Cream at Beach Club …

I think your plan looks great, only long day is the 13th, I would expect DD4 to be asleep before the end of the day. I might spend a bit more time in MK, maybe add an extra morning, and then hop over to EP to use your FPP

Welcome to the club of over thinkers and over analyzers! :joy: Your plan looks quite ambitious. You are RDing every day and have late fireworks 3 nights (4 counting ROL but since AK tends to close fairly early I’m not counting that as super late). Can your kids handle that pace?

I have a tendency to pack my plans pretty full as well (I have kids similar in age to yours) but I try to be flexible and be willing to cut my plans down should people get tired earlier and need more rest than I had anticipated.

Thank you for reviewing!!!

@Martin_G Via Napoli is a must for the hubby. But def considering adding Ale and Compass one of the pool evenings. And we’ll probably do the to go QS for Beaches & Cream. I’ve read it’s not worth a T-SHIRT credit. Is that not correct?

@Tate same concern here on MK but we don’t have park hoppers. Since we want do do 2 days per park, I’m not sure how to add more time. Chefs is a must as that day is my son’s 16th birthday and his choice to go there. That’s why I have the other MK day with no break. Any suggestions??

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas I’m in Texas too!! :blush: My kids are early birds I originally had the 2nd days for HS and AK as sleep in days, but just switched them to RD. Otherwise I’m afraid we’ll be awake anyways and behind the RD crowd by the time we get there. The parks close at 9 as of now. Is that likely to change? I’m hoping that by having the breaks and the 3 lazy afternoon/ evenings we will be okay but will have to see once where there. Last time we were there with the kids in 2012, we RD every day and skipped many of the evening shows. My 8 yo was just under 2 then. Hoping now they can make it but we’ll see. Any suggestions bring experienced w kids around the same age?

The HS 2nd day is one I originally had as a sleep in day, with us going to 1900 and then the park. The way it is now, I don’t love because it’s a lot of traveling to get to HS, then GF, then YC. Is that going to be a total pain? My kids love Mary Poppins and Alice so we want to stick with this breakfast. Just not sure how it works w the current plans.

I had noticed that day being quite travel heavy also. Maybe you could do your first day at HS and be flexible going at all that second day. We have 1900 PF on our agenda for our next trip too and I’m super excited! Also haven’t tried it before but it seems to get rave reviews.

Yeah, Texas baby!!! We live in the DFW area.

I totally get that feeling of being up anyway and not wanting to miss park time when you’re already up. I haven’t been at that time of the year so I can’t speak to the possibility of later hours. We went in October last year and it was so hot. Like, so so hot. I think you are wise to leave in the afternoon.

We haven’t done a long trip with the kids yet (mine are 8, 6, 4 and 2) but we have one coming up in February for 9 days. Just 4 day trips to date and last year in January my then 7 year old threw up on our 4th night…we think from sheer exhaustion. And our three older kids passed out at Be Our Guest at 8 pm. They never fall asleep that early. I think your plan is fine going in. Just be flexible and pay attention to your family’s energy levels. Will your 4 year old still nap? We will have a stroller for our 2 and 4 year olds this trip and I fully expect them to both nap in it during the day while we’re in the parks.

The menu isn’t adventurous to be fair but we did get the bathtub :bathtub: included as our desert on the DDP so we couldn’t complain plus it was a highlight for me as our server Matt was exceptional and the food although simple was lovely

Contrarily, Via Napoli was one of our favourite meals on two trips. We love the pizza there. I would just avoid ordering both pizza and pasta if possible. They are made in two different kitchens and apparently it’s basically impossible to get them served at the same time.

RD HS and then brunch at 11:35. You aren’t allowing much time at HS.
You may want to be flexible with your afternoon break on 6/16. I’d want more time at MK.

The 14th looks like the only day that makes no sense. Late night on the 13th then RD HS and go back over to 1900. You can meet Mary Poppins elsewhere instead of spending all that time getting over to GF and back. Take advantage of your location and eat dinner at Epcot or somewhere closer.

With no hopers your plan is good. Have you been before? If not then I might drop a day at HS or AK for an extra half day at MK.

Ok made some changes based on everyone’s advice!! What do you think?? Updates are in bold and italics.

6/9 -
Arrive
Hoop Dee Doo 6:15

6/10 -
EP RD
Afternoon Break
Via Napoli 6:15
Illuminations

6/11 -
HS RD
Afternoon Break
H&V Fantasmic Dinner 4:55
Fantasmic

6/12 -
AK RD
Yak & Yeti 12:45

6/13 -
MK RD
CRT 1:05
Plaza Garden Dessert Party 7:45
Happily Ever After

6/14 - May skip HS if Day 1 complete everything
HS RD
Bon Voyage 12

6/15 -
AK RD
Tusker House ROL Lunch 12:30
Afternoon Break
Pizzafari Family-Style Dinner 6:30
ROL

6/16 -
BOG 8
MK RD
(Removed Afternoon Break)
Chef’s 6:30
DS

6/17 -
Akershus 8
EP RD
Tour until whenever

6/18 - Possibly MK Bonus Day
Check out
1900 Park Fare 11:30
(Removed Pool time - plenty of that built into plan and heading to HRH that evening to swim)

@DeepInTheHeartofTexas We’re in DFW too, or rather, north of it! In Little Elm :slight_smile: We’ve always done long trips because of the effort it takes to get us there! And we’ve been in July and August, so I’m guessing June will be just as hot. Hence, all the breaks lol! The little one will nap and even my 8 yo will if he’s tired enough. So if we nap, great, if not, we can relax at the pool or in the room for a bit. We’re bringing a stroller too and plan to have lots of mini breaks to rest in the parks.

@Tate and @Martin_G I think we’ll HAVE to stop in Beaches & Cream just for the Kitchen Sink! Maybe we’ll pay OOP one afternoon when we’re at the pool. Do you know if you can walk up there or do you have to have reservations?

@paulasc Didn’t know that about Via Napoli. Think we’ve only had the pizza. But we love the pizza!!

@SillySamsMom and @duffybear thank you!! Took your advice!! :grinning:

And @Tate 1st time from my 4 yo and 2nd for my 8 yo, but he was less than 2 the first time, so they’re basically both newbies. The hubby and I have been several times with and without kids. We actually got engaged on Main and spent part of our honeymoon at WDW (before a DCL cruise lol). Wanting to get the most out of it, since it is likely the first and last trip with all three kids.

1 Like

Is that Chef Mickey on 6/16? I assume so since you don’t have park hoppers. On first reading I was thinking Chef de France in Epcot! :wink:

@paulasc No, its Chef Art’s Homecoming. Sorry, I should have typed it out more!

Now the Disney Springs part makes more sense!

Oh, you are really close to us! We live in Flower Mound.

It sounds like you have a good expectation and understanding of your family and what they can handle. And you have a pretty amazing itinerary! I think it was smart moving 1900 PF to check out day and Bon Voyage will be perfect so close to HS!

You have to make an ADR but can do so and just order a bathtub if you like. It’s a tough ADR to get as inside B&C is tiny and only has a few booths and tables but it’s well worth it …

It IS tiny. We booked a trip 4 days before leaving back in October and were able to get a reservation for 6 for dinner there last minute. Just set that res finder!

1 Like