Outdoor dining at Universal

I am like that with salads too. Of course, I like mine fairly simple. If I liked 12 different things on my salad that might be different. Pre-covid, I did enjoy the sandwiches we brought with us though. I enjoyed eating the perfectly made for me sandwich while waiting in line.

In addition to Dani’s article here’s what has outdoor dining in CityWalk

• Margaritaville & The Lone Palm
  • Bigfire (very little)
  • Hot Dog Hall of Fame
  • Vivo (very little)
  • Cowfish
  • NBC Grill Brew
  • Toothsome
  • Red Oven Pizza Bakery
  • Starbucks
  • Panda Express/Moe’s/BK Burger Bar (very little)
  • Fusion Sushi Bar
7 Likes

I feel @josephmatt needs a cape!

Truly the man with all the answers for UOR.

2 Likes

Another thought: you may be able to do takeout from hotel restaurants. Universal hotel restaurants in general are very accommodating about takeout in my experience. My parents picked me up dinner from Trattoria del Porto when I arrived really late at UOR in 2019. It was a dinner buffet at the time, but they were able to pick me up a to-go meal (they weren’t even dining at the Trattoria). We also ordered pizza and salads from Sal’s on a 2018 HHN trip from the room for pickup (these were really good). Portofino Bay has a lot of lovely outdoor seating areas particularly outside the marina.

Islands Dining Room at Royal Pacific is one of our family absolute favorite onsite restaurants. I don’t remember it having any outdoor dining (pool area is very close by outside the front door), but I’d think that they would do takeout and that there would be nice outdoor tables around the resort to dine at. My parents and sister stayed at RP in 2011 without me. They ate at Islands 2 nights in a row because they loved the Wok Experience there. We all did the Wok Experience at Islands in June 2017. For our May 2019 trip, we booked Islands for dinner, but they didn’t have WE that day and we had entrees from the regular menu which were also excellent.

1 Like

This list is excellent, exactly what I needed for CityWalk. It’s great to know where seating is limited to prepare accordingly… Thank you!

This sounds great, I’ll add it to my list! Even if they don’t have outdoor seating we can try to do take out and eat in our room or somewhere outside, as you suggested.

1 Like

I believe Joe has been with TP for a while. I trust him as their UOR expert! (and blogger)

2 Likes

Finally someone who understands me! DH doesn’t understand how I can possibly not love sandwiches…

1 Like

Flattered but i’m not the only one (and I’m sometimes wrong!)

To add to the list, Bubba Gumps does not have outdoor dining but large windows that open. So I didn’t include it on the list.

3 Likes

Well we appreciate you making a point to visit the forums to give input and news!

6 Likes