Our trip report at WDW vacation 12/16 till 12/27 staying at POP Century with Deluxe Dining

Wow! Amazing trip report!! Thank you for putting in so much time and effort…I loved reading every bit of it! And now we get to look forward to the honeymoon edition!! Congratulations on your engagement and successful trip!!

1 Like

Thank you David and Andrea for your great report!

1 Like

Thank you for a fantastic trip report! I have loved the restaurant reviews for the planning of my upcoming trip!

1 Like

@potternut2001 .So glad you enjoyed it and it was helpful for your upcoming trip. Would love to hear your thoughts after the trip.

Thanks for sharing your trip. Sad that the report is over - I have been looking forward to the daily installments. I like that you included the summary at the end too - great to refer to if considering one of those restaurants for a future trip.

Seeing your review of Whispering Canyon, I’m wondering whether our lunch there was an off day. We got the skillet and the chicken was on the dry side and the pulled pork was incredibly dry. Our server also disappeared for a long time so we couldn’t get a refill to wash down the dry meat. The rest of the skillet matched your review.

1 Like

@NoCapes We enjoyed it there. We thought that we should do a summary and the pictures to help people.

I know that the one previous time when I was there with my son and his mother, the server was not that much into his job, at least it seemed like it. It was a very blah experience however the food was just as good that time as this time. Sorry your experience was not that great.

Thanks so much for the detailed trip reports. I have looked forward to reading them each time. It will actually help me plan our trip out a little. It was a amazing trip report and full of so much information. Congrats to you and Andrea!!

2 Likes

The CM cards that you gave out. Did you make them or did you order them? They were great and I would like to have some for out trip in September?

1 Like

@gr82btnvol We are so glad it helped you plan your trip. We just felt that we should do more than to just hit a few things each day or meal but let people know what we really thought and experienced.

As far as the cards, I found some designs I liked, figured out the wording and ended up having them printed for me as my printer would have lines in the red which made them not look as good. The information card, I printed those myself on card stock. If you want more information on these, I can tell you where I had them done and where to get the designs. They actually weren’t too expensive.

Thanks for the final instalments! We usually stay at WL so have done WC a few times and it can be a bit of a hit/miss experience. I think ultimately it depends on your server and how willing they are to be fun, believe me some aren’t! Our best was on our sons 18th birthday and the server corralled all the little girls in the restaurant to come and sing Happy Birthday to him, so so funny :joy:
Good luck with the wedding :wedding:

3 Likes

@AllmadhereUK I agree it depends so much on the server. I would have loved to have been there on your sons 18th birthday to see that. It sounds so funny.

1 Like

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading your detailed trip report. I love food so your food reviews and pics were a nice bonus. Reading your report felt like a mini DW vacation. And congrats on your engagement!

Just out of curiosity, did you both frequently order steak because you genuinely love steak that much (understandable) or was it to get the most bang for your buck from the dining plan?

1 Like

@mariaCD We both love steak. It is our favorite meat when we go out and eat so we figured we would try it there at the different places also.
some of our choices and meals were not the most bang for our buck. We tried some different things and we also picked some that would be a poor bang for the buck - such as using a total of 4 TS to eat at Biergarten (we did get the Candlelight Processional Package with it and that was why it was 4 TS and not 2 TS) We would have only changed a few things if we were paying out of pocket but I can tell you that it wouldn’t have been much different. For our Honeymoon, which we have scheduled from 12/21 -12/31/17, we are planning on eating at many of the same location, like Jiko for our 1st and last night meal, Yachtsman, Monsieur Paul on Christmas Eve, probably Hollywood Brown Derby, Yak & Yeti, 50’s PrimeTime, Rose & Crown, Whispering Canyon Cafe, and O’hana. We want to also try other places too. These are all places we want to eat at again and will we get apps and entree and desserts? Yes. Will we get steak at many of these? Yes. Could we change our minds? I doubt it. For us, it will be our honeymoon and we will be enjoying some very relaxing meals, again and some great food.
For us, the most bang for the buck actually came from the experiences, not the most money that could be spent on it. To give you an idea, if we do the California Grill again, I would not order the steak there but try something different, and Andrea feels the same way. Now at Jiko, well for me, the only entree is the Filet, as of right now, but that doesn’t mean my mind is set on that, well it would take something else gets rave reviews for me to consider changing from that.

Thank you for all the trouble you have taken to describe your experience and restaurant reviews. It will certainly help us decide where to dine and that there is life beyond WS restaurants. Jiko and Boma are 2 places that are definite. And as you said there’s no place better than WDW to stay in the moment and enjoy, rather than think about what you mightn’t get to see. I hope I don’t forget that as I go around the parks! Hope your honeymoon trip is just as memorable.

1 Like

Thank you again - really enjoyed the last installments. Are you sure you can’t make up a couple of days and meals so they can continue? Ha ha! I guess I will just have to wait until your Honeymoon Report. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!

1 Like

@LoveBug53 Trust me, we would have loved to stay longer, enjoy more things and the food.

1 Like

:smile: I’m sure you would have! I know how fun it is to relive your experience while writing out your report - and you and Andrea have such a great base now to make your Honeymoon trip really amazing! Have fun with all the planning for it (and your wedding)!

1 Like

@LoveBug53 Thanks it was fun and we did relive our vacation while doing the trip report. We haven’t decided yet on where we are going to get married yet but do know it will be a small wedding. We have a few options, one is up in Michigan so that her family could be there and it would be Thanksgiving weekend. Another would be down in Florida when we go down there for our Honeymoon. We haven’t decided (I should say that Andrea hasn’t decided yet)

2 Likes

i came a little late to this party. thanks for the ride along! Congratulations on your engagement! This was so much fun reading.

1 Like

@wheresperry Hope it helps you in your planning too