Our Day by Day Trip Report - The trip that came just in time

Finished a good lunch at Docking Bay 7 and some drinks and such at Oga’s. Now, on to the rest of HS.

14 Likes

Mission Accomplished!!!
It was just a hunk of junk anyway. :rofl:

7 Likes

Lunch looks great. Thanks for all your photos!

1 Like

yes, but now… are you not hungry and want to go to WDW for lunch?!

1 Like

I’ll fight the urge. If I started now, I’d get there for lunch on Friday, more or less :rofl:
Truth be told, I’m holding out for the Giant Liner Gathering of July 2022. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

ohhhh… how does one get an invitation?

1 Like

No invitation needed. Don’t want to highjack @chails’s trip report.
Check for a PM. :laughing:

Lunch and drinks look so yummy!! Great pictures! Oga’s is empty! Is that the capacity or is it just really low crowds today?

2 Likes

That would be capacity.

2 Likes

So the day went a bit downhill after Oga’s. Florida weather never behaves and it’s not easy to get everything done with one less hour.

We decided we needed to stand in some lines in order to experience everything we wanted. We stopped for a restroom break before heading out to Toy Story land only to have the skies open up. Every place you would try to hide from the rain, people crowded you out of. I couldn’t keep distance I was comfortable with, so my umbrella and I walked in the rain instead.

Since Slinky shut down, we decided on MMRR instead. Most of the queue was outside but we were already wet. This is a fun ride, but is very similar to TSM without the arcade element. I didn’t feel like a 60 min wait was worth it. Luckily, ours was only about 30.

We headed back to TSL after that and SDD was running again, although it was sprinkling. We decided to give it a try before the thunder and lightening shut it down again. Not even 5 min into our wait, a huge clap of thunder. We, and everyone in SDD line made a run for TSM instead. It was beneficial that we were at the end of SDD line cause we practically walked on to TSM.

After an exhausting (and competitive) game, our arms were too exhausted to try again. It was still pouring rain, but again…already wet, so we headed to Muppets to sit for a bit. Muppets are always a fave (my magic band is decorated with muppets), but I was sad to see the shop closed at the end. I love picking up some muppet merchandise when I can.

By this point, we had one hour left before the shortened close kicked in. It had stopped lightening but was still sprinkling. SDD had to be done, so we waited out about a 15 min line. By 6:20, we were done and had one more ride on our minds. We trekked all the way across the park for one ride on Rockin Roller Coaster. Made it there by 6:30, waited 6 min tops, and were out of the shop by 6:40. My sister was ready to leave since her shoes practically fell apart in the rain, but I was determined to get one more thing done.

I left her sitting at Hollywood Brown Derby and booked it across the park to the milk stand. I NEEDED to get a blue milk! My shins couldn’t take any more, but I made it with 10 min to spare. But I completely forgot that EVERYTHING is mobile order now. With no one in line, I had to pull out my phone just to get my milk (blue and green). I walked both drinks all the way back to HBD and my sister. We sat there drinking milks, and caught a Pixar cavalcade to end the park day.

At this point, it was time to say goodbye to HS. Tomorrow is our final Disney day, before we move over to Universal, to be spent at the most magical place, Magic Kingdom!

17 Likes

lovely! I hope you share your travels at Universal too :wink:

2 Likes

Have fun at MK tomorrow!!!
Thanks for all the photos!!

2 Likes

Got to the parking lot right on time, second in line at the toll plaza. Breezed thru Temps and security and got right on the monorail for first ride over.

There is no stopping at the hub now…we walked right thru to start our day at Splash Mountain. Watching lines throughout the month ahead, we knew this one builds up over the day. We took our flip flops this morning. No wet shoes just yet. We were off and changing our shoes back by 9:15. Next, onto BTM. My fave!

20 Likes

Look at those beautiful skies! Enjoy the day. I would give anything to be there right now.

1 Like

BTM…twice! We sat too close to the front of the train the first time and lost all the thrill. So a second run was a must. Second time, we were going to end up in the VERY front, but the kind CM loading allowed us to hold for the next train even though they aren’t really doing that in this Covid environment. So 2nd ride was great!

Moved on to Jungle Cruise before the line backed up. Got a great skipper. I will admit, you lose some audience engagement with the masks on, but he still did a great job. On to POTC!

15 Likes

Got a ride on POTC, HM, and PPF, all within about 30 min time. Stopping at Gaston’s for a quick drink break.

16 Likes

This day has been a ton better than all others this weekend. We have walked around the park, hitting each ride as we pass. Stopped for lunch in Cosmic Ray’s. Not my first choice, but there are not a lot of choices open right now. Now, on to Buzz, but we think we hit another cleaning cycle. We’ve been staring at Buzz for at least 5 min now.

12 Likes

Sounds like it. Omnimover rides like Buzz generally don’t stop at all, and the waits are minimal. They don’t have to reduce capacity nor socially distance anyone on them. Cleaning, though…that slows things down for sure.

You got off to a good start.
I can’t imagine riding Splash first, or even in the morning; although I understand about the line issues. Love your masks! Nice photos!!
You’re getting it all done!!
Looks like a great day weather-wise too!!

3 Likes

This is me. I don’t care how short the ride is, I don’t want to get wet first thing in the morning!

3 Likes