Our 2nd “Once-in-a-Lifetime Trip” + UOR (2/27-3/7/2021)

Yes.

2 Likes

Yeah the train is only about 40% capacity. So a good delay both ways.

4 Likes

See the bird blur

Eagle

The parrots were seriously singing songs, unreal.

11 Likes

13 Likes

On schedule buddy

12 Likes

21 Likes

A gorilla trying to go sledding?? :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

No. You can’t see but he is actually reading a book. (He’s on the toilet)

4 Likes

I was wondering if he was doing this! Reading a book, too!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Awesome photo! So glad you’ve had a great day.

2 Likes

Appetizers and this dessert for dinner

And even some daylight left for this

12 Likes

It was a good day. The family was getting tired in the afternoon, but they pushed through.

So, FOP only once but EE twice.

We even had time to visit 2 gift shops.

Loved Y&Y! Our server said that he is glad that they are not Disney owned. :man_shrugging: He was also annoyed that I had a printed out menu from MDE and not their official website menu. :thinking:

We got a little behind but caught up on our plan. Good thing I had it set for very slow walking speed.

Everything accomplished, even dole whip. They gladly gave us 2 extra bowls so we can share.

Of course DS did not try on his new swim trunks before we left. The string would not tighten them enough to stay up yesterday. We were dreading making a special trip somewhere for smaller ones. But alas, found swim trunks at RF gift shop…best part…they were $6.00! Also, I didn’t expect a $25 birthday credit from the Landry’s card. But got it even though my birthday is in January. :+1::grin:

HS tomorrow :grimacing: I’m already nervous for 7am.

19 Likes

You’ve got this. :pray:t3: for another fabulous day

5 Likes

This dessert is one of the main reasons I love Rainforest Cafe! I don’t care what anyone else says, the food there is good.

5 Likes

A few more photos from today

14 Likes

So how long did the whole Rafiki train take round trip, including the stop? Looks like you budgeted 1.5 hours, was that enough? Also how many animation experience times are there if you are late?

1 Like

Entered the train station line at 1:05. That was perfect for the 1:45 time. Exited at the station back in Harambe at 2:55. We stopped at the goats after AE for 10 minutes too.

AE times:

Got the quick Dole Whip snack. Arrived at bird show at 3:18. Whole bottom front was full already, so had to sit back further. That was a 3:30 showtime, last one of the day.

1 Like

Before I forget.

The train to Rafiki kept swaying side to side. I’m pretty sure this happens because all the weight is on one side with the whole front row roped off.

Also, DW did some thinking about her phone ahead of time. No purse with and of course the ladies pants pockets are too small to rely on. She hates fanny packs, I can’t understand why. I told her to use a holster, I got the “weirdo” look. She had the idea of buying a phone case with an eyelet attached for a lanyard. She loves it, phone is handy for her. She sometimes wrapped it around the bag strap so it wasn’t dangling wildly as much.

2 Likes

Could it be intentional
So it is more like the trains they have in that part of the world??

1 Like

It’s possible that the rocking was normal. It was my first time on.