Our 2nd “Once-in-a-Lifetime Trip” + UOR (2/27-3/7/2021)

The markings indicating portions that need to be reversed.
“Death vent UR [your] vile nose”

Clearly it’s a COVID-19 mask warning.

2 Likes

I am late to this party but I am so excited to catch up on your trip! I have been excited to follow along since you helped me with all my ROTR plans back in December!! Thanks for sharing your fun with us!!

2 Likes

I am so glad you got BG1!!

2 Likes

What do you think is a good age for kids to Universal? Mine are currently 7, 8, and 9. I am thinking the 7 year old should be 9. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Good to hear from you!

We went 3 years ago when my DD was 8. She loved everything she was able to go on. Now, she was brave from a young age.

1 Like

Homecomin’ was excellent as advertised! Great service, our meals came out before 6:00. DW said the eggs were better than expected. Well…duh! She got the chicken and donuts. She actually preferred 50’s Prime chicken over Homecomin’s. It was a little too greasy. I got the pork BBQ, very good. I loved the Mac n cheese, first time I had to use a knife to eat that! We were seated at the outdoor screened area. The server (Josh) was excellent. 2nd one on this trip to get a hand shake. (That’s my approval) Got the Hummingbird Cake to go.

View from our table.

Others:

Here’s @Randall1028

Ooooooooo

Ahhhhhhhh

DS was fairly busy for a Wednesday. Did some shopping afterwards.

Eta: added a raptor photo that totally scared my DD

16 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Amazing pictures and a great review of Homecomin’!

1 Like

I took a picture of your picture of the eggs and my DS stated that we ARE eating there next trip. This after looking at me like I’m nut when I try trying to describe them on my own!:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I took my DS at 8. He loved all of the theming. He refused to do a couple of the attractions (Mummy and Transformers). He did go on Forbidden Journey which he thoroughly despised, but I think that spoke more to his motion sickness than the attraction itself. He ended up finding some sort of slide in the “kids” area that he went on over and over and over.

He’s 12 now, we’re going back (fingers crossed) this year, and he’s most looking forward to trying Hulk, the water raft ride (which was too cold to do last trip), and Simpsons Land now that he started watching that as a bonding show with his dad.

Every kid is different. Ours is good at self policing, and other than motion sickness, he was pretty good at setting boundaries when he felt he needed and letting go at our assurances. I like that he has some memory of it and has things he’s looking forward to now that he was scared of before.

If you’re looking for your 7yo wanting to do everything the older kids do, then maybe waiting would be better. If that’s not a concern, then I say go now!

3 Likes

Probably has more alcohol in it. I stopped using hand sanitizer at stores because most of the time, they leave my hands sticky, so gross! I just use my own. At the beginning of the pandemic, I bought a gallon of hand sanitizer with 80% alcohol. It is not sticky after I use it.
Much of the stuff available now is 70% alcohol. And I use hand lotion afterwards!

3 Likes

I love how some self-deluded individual fooled themselves into thinking they were being healthy with a salad! :joy:

3 Likes

:shushing_face: :joy: The slaw was my salad!

3 Likes

Awesome homecomin pics! We have a 3pm adr on the last day of our trip. I keep trying to push it an hour or so but no luck. With an 830 topolinos adr, I figure we’ll be plenty hungry by 3 though!

3 Likes

Keep the reservation finder active, good chance it will come through!

2 Likes

@FOMOm_VA curious: how far out did you snag topolino’s? My adr day is next Tuesday so I’ve been hopping on to practice every morning for the last week or so and I have yet to see any availability for breakfast there…

1 Like

Only got it with res finder. We booked at like 45 days.

3 Likes

The kids have been eagerly awaiting the water park day. Forecasted temperatures have come down from a few days ago. Highs around only 75. I really wanted to have this day for the kids because I know they’ll love it. DW doesn’t really like water parks so I had to make a deal with her. I agreed to let her get a pet rabbit for DD last summer, just to have this one day. :thinking:

Not really a schedule, just information:

7 Likes

You are a saint. If you’re ever in Indiana, let me buy you a beer.

2 Likes

A couple UOR notes

Tickets: It’s a good thing to laminate your tickets. They need to be used many times a day. You need them at the lockers before and after the ride. And for the train. You can use your phone for scanning tickets BUT, if everyone in your party goes on RRR or Hulk, you need the paper ticket. We had 3 bags (DD bought one at a gift shop) The 4 separate paper tickets made it much simpler to use at the free lockers. Their biometric scanning finger print system (used at entry gate and the one train) is still not the best, as it took about 10 tries for my DD yesterday at the gate.

Bags: DW and I each carried a small shoulder bag at UOR. These each have 2 small cup holders. Perfect size for the free lockers. I really like them, you can even swing it to the front easily to access something without taking it off. Now, these are small. Not room for much extra clothing. Maybe 1 sweatshirt or 2 long sleeve tees. We have a normal size back pack if needed for WDW.

8 Likes

Seems fair.

LOL

2 Likes