Our 2nd “Once-in-a-Lifetime Trip” + UOR (2/27-3/7/2021)

thanks for sharing your trip! looked like a great time. safe travels!

2 Likes

Amazing help to us headed later this spring. You affirmed my thought to do TOT and RnRC first at DHS.
Seeing that the wait at AK consistently has Navi as the longest wait, does it make sense to do that first since FOP’s waits are more manageable?
I hear Navi isn’t super exciting but kids just watched Avatar and are interested in all of Pandora. Why’d you skip? What do ya think of my plan?

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

And if you have a second day at HS, rope dropping SDD to MFSR worked great also.

Yes, exactly right. Pre-covid it was opposite, but I’m sure the restricted capacity on the boat is the reason why. We did Navi 3 years ago. It’s neat but too boring for us. Especially with my kids older now.

2 Likes

Thank you for your great insights and for sharing your family’s amazing trip with us. It looks like a very, very fun and successful trip!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your trip and all those gorgeous pictures! You have a beautiful family and it looks like y’all had a wonderful vacation. :slight_smile:
I’m hoping my family will take our 2nd “Once-in-a-Lifetime Trip” sometime in the next year or so. :grin:

2 Likes

Excellent trip report! I think your family’s food tastes are very similar to mine so I may have to go back to your plans when I book my ADRs and choose QS! Let me know if you were disappointed in anything you chose.

2 Likes

Not much Jeff. I do know DD’s salmon at 50’s Prime was not good. I thought the Krusty Burger was just OK, but the family said they were good. I don’t think I mentioned, the fish at Three Broomsticks was soooo good.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I took several screenshots to remember for our trip and I’m gonna steal your color coded daily schedule idea :blush:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! When I was planning, I bookmarked any post that would help me. Then they will all be in one place and you can also get the context if needed.

3 Likes

:exploding_head: how did I not know this?! :joy:

2 Likes

Can you talk a little bit about arrival? Did you drive and park at each park? If so what time did you arrive at each vs opening, anything you’d do differently there or in general if you were going again next week?

1 Like

I only drove to AK and HS to rope drop.

The road block is up until 60 minutes before opening time. I arrived a little before that and pulled along the side of the road, just like the other vehicles.

I wouldn’t do anything differently. We were probably 20-25 minutes behind compared to walking to HS like we did on Monday, but we were still able to do TOT and RNRC quickly before 9am.

5 Likes

More review:

Going this time of year was great. There is always a good swing in temps, but overall perfect. It was breezy, even on the hottest days but really didn’t sweat at all. It gave a storm Wed. am, but was over by the time we had to leave the resort. Yesterday (Saturday) it gave a little shower just after 12. We didn’t get wet and didn’t need ponchos all week. First time I needed long sleeves was yesterday for a little bit. DW needed long sleeves for a few other mornings.

Actual Crowd Levels:
Sunday 2/28 AK: 2
Monday 3/1 HS: 2
Tuesday 3/2 USF: 6, IOA: 3
Wednesday 3/3 USF: 6, IOA: 3
Thursday VB
Friday 3/5 USF: 7, IOA: 6, EP: 1
Saturday 3/6 HS: 3

We definitely noticed UOR busier on Friday morning compared to earlier in the week. HS did not seem any more busier Saturday than Monday.

Discussed our favorite parks from this trip while going home:
Since IOA and USF are basically connected to each other, we chose the whole resort in general.

DS13: UOR #1 HS #2
DD11: HS #1 UOR #2
DW: UOR #1 AK #2
Me: UOR #1 HS #2

My thoughts: The overall atmosphere and wow factor at Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley have only improved since Hagrid’s was added. It is just unreal. To me, Galaxy’s Edge just can’t compare. I appreciated the live shows that are operating at UOR also. With RoTR and Oga’s at HS, AK is pushed down for me. Plus HS has 2 of our favorite restaurants and AK only has 1.

6 Likes

Good to know - I had this on my list for when I go to 50s…

2 Likes

Good list. I can see how as the kids grow UOR could become more favorable with their attractions, especially with Harry Potter fans.

What are your two favorite HS restaurants?

Thanks for sharing your trip report. It was a great distraction from the ho-hum of my life right now.

1 Like

Your welcome! Sci-Fi and 50’s Prime. (We haven’t ever tried the expensive restaurants)

3 Likes

Thanks! I am hoping to get a Sci-Fi ressie for our trip, next Feb. i had one for our 2018 trip but lost it due to SDD and FOP FP availability. I set a ressie finder but never got one. For 50’s, looks fun, but the menu doesn’t suit my crowd.

Thanks again for a great trip report!

1 Like

I needed to add this! So glad DW got this photo.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Finally sat down and read your report!! What a great trip you guys had! And atmosphere has improved since Hagrid’s was added?! Makes me so pumped to go in May! Thank you for sharing with us. It looks like y’all had a great time!

3 Likes