Our 2nd “Once-in-a-Lifetime Trip” + UOR (2/27-3/7/2021)

Some notes:

Some lines look so long, which they were. But it was amazing to see how fast they moved. Some normal queues don’t have the plexiglass installed like others. This took major planning depending on if there is an overflow area available to have people line up nearby. In AK, we entered the queue for KS at the entrance to the lion king show (even went inside briefly).

The family was blown away by RoTR. I didn’t give them much info before hand. Don’t want to go into detail, because I know many of you have not experienced it yet.

Extra CM’s were everywhere. To help guide, give special instructions, count guests (gift shops), manage doorways, watch masks, sure there’s more. All these places there would normally be no need for a CM. Imagine this extra pandemic payroll.

A lot of people are walking while sipping. Straws are great for this, not masks off but masks up just briefly. Back in place between sips. DW was happy about that and her coffee drink.

8 Likes

The family needed to sleep in a little, after 2 early mornings. The kids still got a little bored at times with WDW so they are ready for Universal. Looking forward to lower temps and clouds, weather may be perfect!

11 Likes

So yesterday I did not notice that you had one printed for everyone. For our next family trip I think I am going to try to do this same thing so that everyone can see what the plan is.

4 Likes

This is my boys.
Day 4 of our DLR trip I had to decide by the time we left if we wanted to add a day 5 for $10 pp. To this day I’m kicking myself that their boredom skewed my decision. I should have just left them at the rental house OR Ubered them to Uni. :woman_facepalming:

Haven’t been to USO since 1999. Hope you have an amazing day! (Maybe you will convince me to give it a whirl.)

5 Likes

Hey look, that was me

7 Likes

I just caught up on this. Your family is absolutely gorgeous!! Looks like you’re having a great time and I’m getting pointers for our trip in three weeks. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Making these for my family today !!! We leave thurs!!

3 Likes

:+1: I used 110lb paper. It’s like card stock.

6 Likes

Where are you staying? Sorry I saw someone ask but couldn’t find a response, it looks great but can’t tell if it’s on or off site.

Side note - I’m 36, DH is 41 and DD is 11. We’re like
your bizzaro world family except my DS is 7. I told DH he needs to take pointers from you so that he can do the planning next time instead of me :slight_smile: Awesome trip it looks like.

1 Like

WorldQuest building 1

Rope dropped at 9:45 at the end of Suess land. Waits look longer than I planned.

7 Likes

I’m curious how much longer. On our Harry Potter day, I want to RD IOA to get to Hagrid’s early, but this is after the early entry on-site crowd, so I’m curious how long the wait ended up being doing it that way.

I’m surprised by the 9:45 time. Did they let you in at 9:45?

1 Like

Looks like another beautiful day! I’ve been solely keeping up on Disney stuff and put UOR far on the back burner, but seeing your pics makes me really want to go back and do Hagrid’s again!

Fun fact for our tree guy: About 1200 live mature trees were transplanted into the area to make up Hagrid’s forest.

4 Likes

Morning folks

12 Likes

At first they tried adolescent trees, but it made the ride too moody.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Too true. Whatever phases my DD15 and DD12 are in are testing me more than I’d like.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Yes we stepped over the rope man

1 Like

3 out of 4 of us prefer FJ over FOP

Hogsmeade overall atmosphere I favor over Galaxys Edge.

3 Likes

Hagrids is THE BEST

5 Likes