Orlando vacation without theme parks

I’m planning a second trip in February that will most likely not include any Disney World days for me and my two daughters, who are taking a mother/daughter trip in October. My son and his dad may spend two days in the parks. We will stay at Bonnet Creek and enjoy the pool, go to Downtown Disney, the Boardwalk, tour the monorail resorts, maybe Yehaw Bob or Ft. Wilderness. Have you ever done a trip without the parks? Did you miss the parks too much to enjoy your stay? I would love a second countdown but don’t want to torture myself!

I’ve never done it and always said that I wouldn’t be able to, but I am finally at the point where I think I could. Your list of no-park activities are exactly what I would do. I think those places will still make you feel like you are somehow immersed in the Disney magic, even without the parks. Another countdown? I say go for it!

2 Likes

Will you also have a car? Believe it or not there is a lot to see and do in Orlando lol. It’s a huge city. I-Drive has lots of roadside attractions and great restaurants. Pointe Orlando is an enclosed outdoor mall that is fun. While I would find it hard to be there without going into the parks, there is still plenty of fun to be had.

@ Outer1 we will either rent a car or rely on the Hotel shuttle to Disney. I am hoping just being there in October will make it bearable to skip the parks. I have always wanted to do some non-park activities, and I will be out of winter for a while so it’ll be all good. Also hoping we can swing a day all together at Sea World or LEGOLAND -much more affordable for a day than Disney.

1 Like

I seriously doubt I would make thr trip to Orlando just to stay at a Disney resort and not go to the parks. Orlando is a 7.5 hour drive; New Orleans is less than 3. If I’m looking for a non-park get-a-way, the latter will win out…

I can understand that. New Orleans is awesome! For me to get out of winter in February the closest and warmest destination is Florida. And I promised my DS9 some solo Disney time.