Orlando Informer Meetup Dec 2023

Anyone else planning on going to the December Meetup? I was planning to skip this go around, but I will be in the area on for a Disney Every Ride Challenge event, so I figured why not? I’m going to try the mini meetup that is just IOA on 12/7.

5 Likes

I bought tickets for December 2nd. I booked a MVT room last year when they were first released.

4 Likes

December flights get released on Thursday. That’s going to determine my Grinchmas / OIM plans… I doubt there will be a sale on day one, but maybe a July 4th sale??

4 Likes

I only have a short trip but I was able to book 3 round trip flights on JetBlue points.

4 Likes

I got a steal on flights when they announced JetBlue ORH to Orlando flights were starting up again. I think they were $50-$70 each way in June, August and December so I snagged them up. (They have gone up considerably since then)

4 Likes

My Sept. flight was only $80 each way - less than $200 total. I’ve been watching to see if there’s any way to save more, but I think I may have gotten the best price for this flight.

I wish OIM would say their February 2024 dates. I want to go to Grinchmas, but the lower crowds and cooler weather make Feb. more attractive.

2 Likes

I was able to get their hotel discount at Portofino for the night. So the plan will be to hit up Universal the first part of the day and then enjoy IOA in the evening with the mini meetup.

3 Likes

I hope you have time to do some kind of TR about the differences between a typical OIM and this “mini” one. I doubt it’s anything different except you stay in IOA…

I’m wondering if this is a precursor to possible week night OIM events in the future??

2 Likes

I’m excited to see the difference. Based on the description, it sounds like they will have different food offerings…and it being an adults only thing should be interesting as well. We’ll see what the waits for Hagrid’s and Velocicoaster are like!

4 Likes

I’d love for the mini adult meet-up to be even fewer people, since it’s only one park offering, with Pteranodon Flyers INCLUDED! :rofl:

4 Likes

I’ll be there that weekend, too! I’m planning on spending most of the week at Universal with 12/1-12/2 for the meetup.

4 Likes

Oh! I hope we can at least say hi!

3 Likes

I bought tickets yesterday for both the 1-2nd and 8-9th. The 1st is contingent on the new train getting in on time.

2 Likes

We went to the June one and fell in love. We will be there 12/1&2 and then head to WDW for the Liner meet on 12/3

3 Likes

Wow! I’m thrilled it made such a great impression. I loved going too! (My issue is the $$$! I have the funds, but a OIM weekend cost is almost as much as an AP these days!)

However, I would be lying if I said I wasn’t debating doing it again!! (If I could be guaranteed a P. Flyers ride I’d do it for sure!! :rofl:)

2 Likes

I’m there during the first December meet up but having a hard time justifying the $$$. I already have an AP and express since I’m staying deluxe for most of my stay. Also staying weekdays, when crowds shouldn’t be huge. I’ve gone once before and enjoyed it but thinking my money is better spent elsewhere. Hard decision though!!

In that situation, IME, it’s about the food. You’ll have done all the rides before. So…can you eat $250 worth of food in one night?

I’ve done it and it’s fun, but you move nonstop! :rofl:

If alcohol was included, maybe! :joy:

1 Like