Orlando gets a bit Rice-ier: A Trip Report (11/16-11/25)

i enjoyed this very much.

5 Likes

They really need to get those parking trams back! I can’t believe they are making guests walk that far.

6 Likes

It is nightmare-inducing! I can’t look away though. Like a car crash.

4 Likes

I was yelling “My kingdom for a parking tram!!!”

6 Likes

Thank you!

We’re visiting for the first time this year. This is so helpful.

Am I going end up being a fan! :flushed:
I don’t plan to return and spend so much money each visit.
Is the parking only at MK so inconvenient?

How about HS?

1 Like

It is one of my top faves!

:laughing:

Love it!!

Were they now??? :smirk:

Very cool!

Good to hear this!!

OMG you’re too cute! Have you met my friend @TheSafetyLady ?? She likes cute things. She might stuff you in her suitcase!

2 Likes

You’re here. So you’re already halfway down that rabbit hole.

But welcome! We’re all mad here!

1 Like

AnnaMaria, none of us did. Yet here we are. :sweat_smile:

And yes, I found the MK parking the worst. It was totally fine at Epcot and at DHS. I think it is b/c we also had to go through the TTC, which another layer in the process.

2 Likes

Well, there was this one lady who was not pleased that my daughter spilled a bucket of popcorn in the front door. But I felt like that was a justifiable reaction. I was not pleased either, I had just bought that popcorn and the line was long!

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

True. The first step is admitting it. I will not buy APs b/c in my mind that means we are not addicted.

You will not buy APs because they will not sell them to you.
But as soon as they start selling them you’ll get The FOMO and you’ll buy them.

I believe this is part of their game: create a scarcity mentality.

4 Likes

How is the parking at AK?

What time Sanaa starts serving breakfast?

Or is it lunch and dinner only?

I feel like you know me. Also, that is exactly how I ended up with my new EARridescent bag, which was sold out up until the day we left. I also include a picture of my new shirt, not b/c it is relevant, but b/c it is an I :maple_leaf: poitine shirt I got in the Canadian pavilion. I love it.

4 Likes

The backpack!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

We actually did not go to AK, only AK Kidani Lodge to eat Sanaa. I think the restaurant is only open for lunch and dinner. It is hard to get an ADR, but there were multiple openings the day before just in case you can’t find one. I think a lot of people end up cancelling things right beforehand. Also, if you go, get the bread service. It is AMAZING!

The addiction can be real. I find it helpful to just lean into it. Sometimes I do visual exercises. I envision myself handing my wallet to the mouse. That way, when I eventually do, I’ve already accepted that it was an imperative all along.

6 Likes

We did get a reservation for Sanaa on a day we’re visiting AK. But I will most likely try to rebook on another day when not at the park. It’s sold out on the day we’re going and have one day at AK.

1 Like

It is open as a QS for breakfast too! :smiley:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/sanaa/menus/breakfast/

1 Like

DAY SEVEN - Monday the 22nd - Today we headed to DHS and we had decided to buy G+ again, which was a whole fiasco. Again, I was unable to purchase G+ until 7am. When I got onto the app right at 6:59 and refreshed to buy G+ at 7, it took around 45 seconds to go through. In just that small amount of time, all the LL for most of the rides were up to afternoon time slots. Which meant we had absolutely nothing to ride all morning. I hurried up and booked MFSR, which showed a noon time slot that changed to 1pm by the time I booked it. SDD had return times at 6-7pm by this point, which is insane.

DHS opened at 9, with EE at 8:30. We drove from FS to DHS, leaving at 7:30, arriving around 7:45, and getting through the entry at around 8:10 or so. We had decided to RD MMRR b/c we did not want to pay for that ILL. Right at 8:30, they play this entry music and announcement that signals to the CMs to open their attractions and we were let onto MMRR right around 8:40. We then took off for RnRC, which already had a 45 minute wait (!!), then hit ToT, which was a 50 minute wait. Keep in mind, I bought G+ for 5 people (around $80 on top of our entry), which was completely useless up until this point.

By the time we had snacks after ToT, we could book our 2nd G+ pick at 11am. By 11am, there was literally nothing left but Muppets and Frozen sing-along. SDD, ToT, RnRC, MFSR, and TSMM were all sold out of G+ LL. There may have been a few late returns for ST and maybe ASS, but they were way late in the day. Another big issue is ease of use of the app. We spent the extra money to PH, but getting the Genie app to look for other parks is a mess. You have to go into your tip board, change the park, give your preferences for that park, then look and see what they have. There is no easy way to toggle back and forth from park-to-park. MDE also kept signing me out every time I closed the app, which means I had to lower my mask so it could use facial recognition to log me back in. Keep in mind I am doing all this planning on my phone while walking in the pouring rain trying to watch my two children in a huge sea of people.

By this point, I am mad. I spent so much money on these park tickets, even more to hop, and then even more for G+, which I still have not even been able to use. It was also pouring rain and every attraction had massive lines. I could feel the Disney magic transforming into Disney rage and I knew we needed to act fast. I booked Muppets for noon, rode ST (35 minute wait), hit up Muppets, then did our LL for MFSR. After, we ate lunch at Docking Bay 7, and got the heck out of there. I saw no point staying at DHS when even the line for ASS was 50 minutes. I tried doing the thing where you refresh and refresh and refresh the app to try and find LL for anything at all, but to no avail.

We then went back to the room, put newspapers in our shoes to dry them out (thank you, whomever first mentioned this on this forum, you are a genius), and then did pool time the rest of the day. It was great and it was the right decision that day.

Genie + is broken at DHS. Disney cannot (or should not) sell unlimited numbers of G+ but then only have a small limited inventory of actual LL return times. It may be that people will buy G+ the first time, but so many people were mad that day. I could hear others talking in line and they were furious. These people spent the extra money and felt like they were taken advantage of. I doubt those people will purchase G+ again for DHS. I personally will not. Instead, I will RD and leave that park, maybe returning in the evening when the crowds thin out.

You will notice there are not many pictures of this day. That is mainly b/c I was using my phone to make G+ decisions. In the last picture, where my daughter is with suitcases, the line behind her is for a PhotoPass! The crowds this day at DHS were CL10 and that was accurate. It was crowded and DHS, at least to me, seems to “feel” the most crowded. It has a lot of areas in the park that cause jams I think.

10 Likes