Orlando gets a bit Rice-ier: A Trip Report (11/16-11/25)

What kind of conference was it?

2 Likes

It was through Integrity Doctors, who offer consulting services to chiropractors who own and operate their own clinics. They often have speakers, like Bill Farmer, who symbolize excellence/success in their given industry. So we have seen Anne Beiler, who started Auntie Anne’s pretzels; Dick Vitale, the sportscaster; Jim Morris, whose career/life inspired The Rookie movie; Nik Wallenda, tightrope walker, and some others. It is really neat to hear where all these people started and where they are today.

4 Likes

Awesome! Sounds like I should tell my chiropractor about this conference and offer to go with her!

1 Like

YES! I wish I had some way to know who else at WDW is a Liner, so we could geek out together. We need a secret handshake that involves no touching to make it Cov-Id friendly. What if we all made the “L” sign with our hands on our foreheads. Wait, I think that is taken and means something else. I am out of ideas.

7 Likes

Could you give a quick-summary on the reason?

I don’t know if you are asking for a summation of the process, but basically they have voice coaches now. They go into the studio with the actor and tell them how to read a line. If it isn’t done right, they give further instruction until it is done. I guess back in the day, they would record something then send it off, and have to return to the studio later on to re-read lines that needed to be re-read in a different manner. It was a huge pain in the tush apparently.

He gave us an overview of this process basically to show that even the most seasoned professional needs direction from a coach. I apologize if you are asking something else. I have a post-Disney cold and my brain is all sorts of foggy right now. I regret nothing though!

3 Likes

DAY FOUR - Friday the 19th - After doing remote learning in the morning, we head to EPCOT! This was our first park day and we did not use Genie+. I just couldn’t justify spending the money on it this day when EPCOT has such a small number of rides we actually want to ride. We went directly to Soarin’ then Creations Shop. This is the new and improved MouseGears and it is very similar to World of Disney. It is really big and open and has all types of merch. Luckily they sell clothing b/c it started to rain and get cold that night and we ended up spending our children’s college fund on jackets and layers.

We had an ADR at 4 at La Hacienda and, again, we had never been to this location. The menu wasn’t big but everything was fantastic. It is right on the water and has some great views of the lagoon/Harmonious barges. The absolute best part was the 50th Anniversary Dessert. If you go to San Angel or La Hacienda, GET THIS DESSERT. It is $34 (I know, but trust me) and it is a giant slice of tres leches cake, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream at each corner (4 total), topped with a pyramid of chocolate. Inside the chocolate pyramid is delicious chocolate mousse that is accessed by hitting the pyramid like a pinata with a large spoon until it opens up. I was not sure about it, b/c it is $34, but it was so worth it. When I think about it, I am mad I spent money on Genie+ later on in the trip when I could have just bought more of these fountains. We shared it b/n 5 people and we had a ton leftover.

After dinner we waddled around World Showcase to Remy’s, where we had ILLs. The new area around the attraction itself is really much bigger than I anticipated. There is a place to get gelato, a place to get crepes, and a pretty large fountain that is perfect for photos.

Remy’s is a very cute ride. I don’t know if it is because I wear glasses and this means 3D glasses sit on my face differently or what, but it made me a bit nauseous. It may also have been the giant brick of tres leches cake in my stomach, who knows? The kids adored it and I think I will be getting ILLs for this one again in March.

As it continued to rain and temps continued to drop, our resolve to stay for fireworks began to wane. We finally made it to 9:45, and… it was delayed. After sticking it out to 10:00pm, we bailed. My daughter Rose was so upset, we had to carry her and promise to come back. I felt so bad. And wouldn’t you know it, but they started going off literally the second we got to the car. But I guess if missing fireworks was the worst thing about your day, that is a pretty good day.

20 Likes

Dear Fab Four (@Dreamer @JustKeepSmiling @Wahoohokie)

Can we get this dessert (pictured above) in January?

Sincerely,
@Julianne_fki

10 Likes

I must figure out how to justify attending a conference at WDW! Especially if it’s at the Four Seasons!

Loving your report and all the pics!

2 Likes

Sure! We have to get kids meals for the actual meal though to make room for it. :rofl: Actually I had the kids meal at SAI when I was there last month since we had been eating food booth after food booth and also went to Space 220 right before, and it was quite good!

6 Likes

I was thinking the same thing!!

3 Likes

Sounds good to me!!

2 Likes

We might need to recruit more Liners to help us eat it!

4 Likes

I volunteer as tribute!!! I had a dream about that dessert last night, that is how good it is! :slight_smile: :yum:

3 Likes

as you do.

Yay! I love it when people love the places I love!

:laughing:

Girl, same. Not necessarily for this ride, but for 3D rides in general.

I am sad about missing fireworks on my trip too. But I guess I agree that if that’s the worst thing about the day it’s still a good day :slight_smile: Poor Rose!!!

3 Likes

HOP POP TOO?! Omg. I didn’t think I could love Bill farmer more and here we are.

1 Like

Yes! I am so glad it isn’t just me. I still love Muppets and Philharmagic, but sometimes I have to just close my eyes before I ruin someone’s vacation. My life is hard. :joy:

2 Likes

I had no idea that was him until he did the voice. The man is a treasure!

1 Like

DAY FIVE - Saturday the 20th - Not much happened this day, other than some relaxing pool time. We did eat for the first time at Sanaa. And let me tell you, it is the best meal we have ever had at Disney. My husband has demanded (yes, demanded) we return next time. I am ok with it.

DAY SIX - Sunday the 21st - OK, so this is the first day we utilized Genie+ and our first full day at the parks. I was up at midnight trying to figure out how to buy G+, but after about 15 minutes I said to heck with it and just bought it at 7am. They say you can buy it at midnight, so if anyone has had success doing this, please let me know. I only saw it made available at 7am. But the app is not the most well-designed (nice way of saying it is :poop:). It does offer you the use of some picture filters, and we messed around on that, resulting in the hilarious picture of my husband as the Genie from Aladdin.

I am not proud to admit this, but I totally botched our RD. I thought the park opened at 9, but it was 8. Liner fail on my part. Anywho, we left FS at 7am, parked pretty close b/c it wasn’t super full, and then got into the park. We went to SM, used G+ for PoTC (8:50-9:50), rode BTM with a 45 minute wait, then did HM using G+ (10:50-11:50). MK was the best park to use G+. There are a lot of rides so nothing was too hard to get. Some did fill up though so if you want to ride PPF or JC I would book that one early. I also booked PPF for 4-5pm before we left and bought the ILL for SDMT for 5-6pm. We ate at Crystal Palace, which is oddly also the name of a gentlemen’s club in St. Louis, so it always makes me giggle. The food was ok and the servers were great. It is just a lot of money for a buffet. We hit up Peoplemover then took our break. OH! On the way out of the MK, I met vlogger Michael Kay! We have been fans of his for years and saw him in one of the shops. My daughter yelled his name and he came right over and talked to her! He was so nice and it meant a lot to me that he talked so kindly to my kids. It was a highlight of our trip for sure.

Here is a tip. If you drive, the later in the day you arrive, the further back you will be from the gate. You have no option to look closer for an open spot either b/c there are CMs that direct you where to park. If you have anyone in your party who has a tough time getting about, buy preferred parking. I know it is $50, but we parked practically at the Car Care Center. In fact, the CCC was closer to our car than the TTC. And there are no parking trams. NONE. I am not sure they will ever come back. They will say it is to cut down on carbon emissions or something, but it is for sure to sell that preferred parking. I digress.

We got back to the MK, rode PPF, went to SDMT (the ride feels shorted when you pay $12/pp to ride) and then went to our Fireworks Pre-Party thing (I don’t know that name). You can check in at 6 in Tomorrowland and they will assign you a table. Once you are seated, you can go up to the dessert buffet as much as you want. They had Blue Moon beer, assorted juices and wines, and some type of sparkling alcoholic drink also. We went to this before the pandemic and they also had appetizers like egg rolls and such, but now they only have squares of cheese and crackers. But the joke is on them, b/c I can eat an inordinate amount of cheese. And I did. After we ate, we were lead to the reserved area for fireworks viewing. It was by no means crowded and we all had room to ourselves. It was just wonderful and in my opinion worth every penny we spent.

We then walked to our car via the walkway to the GF, then on to the Poly, to the TTC. The GF gingerbread house is just spectacular this year and we wanted to see it. If you have time, I recommend you go and see it. It is just so unique. We then walked to the Poly, shopped in their gift shop Boutiki, and went to the TTC. By the time we got to the TTC, I would have paid any amount of money for a parking tram. That walk is no joke.

Tomorrow - DHS!

15 Likes

I’m not sure that filter of the Genie is a positive or a negative. That was very freaky. :scream:

What a great time!

3 Likes