Ordering food to go/carryout in parks

We prefer to eat outside. Has anyone ever gotten food packaged to go, like in a container, from restaurants in the park? Is that even a thing? Would a Table Service restaurant like The Plaza do this if we have a reservation (and tip)? What about a Quick Service like Columbia Harbour House? I know most quick service items are on paper plates. But it gets challenging to walk 4 open plates out the door.

1 Like

QS you don’t need a package. It comes on a tray and you can carry that wherever you like!

The TS I’m not sure of though

3 Likes

For QS, you could bring tupperware and transfer. I’m not sure about TS.

1 Like

We do too. In fact, we were at WDW 5 days last week and didn’t eat any meals indoors (except for a few meals in our resort room).

Most of the QS restaurants will give you (on request) to-go containers for you to transfer the food into yourself when you pick it up. We did this at Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill’s at MK last week. There are outside tables at both of these restaurants to sit and eat (so you could just walk outside with your tray and not even transfer into the to-go containers if you preferred).

I don’t know if the TS restaurants will do this.

2 Likes

@davej thank you. That gives me a plan and makes me hopeful since you were able to do it! Hoping the weather cooperates. Our plan is to eat every meal outside and a few at our resort room as well. I didn’t know about the outside area at Columbia Harbour house. Thank you I was hoping to eat there!

1 Like

There are some TS at the WDW resorts that will do mobile order to-go. Which resort are staying at? We got to-go orders from Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary. We ate both in our room and at the tables by the pool area.

Here are more in-park QS restaurants we have eaten at:

At Epcot, there is a nice outdoor eating area at Cantina de San Angel (QS) that has a roof to provide some shade. You can take your tray with you to the outdoor tables (or they will give you to-go boxes on request if you want to box top your food and eat elsewhere).

At DHS, we have eaten outdoors (QS) at ABC Commissary, Backlot Express and Docking Bay 7.

At AK, Satu’li Canteen (QS) gave us to-go containers to transfer our food into. We ate at the picnic benches inside The Boneyard play area.

1 Like