OpenTable vs. MDE preference?

I just booked Raglan Road for end of January brunch using OpenTable, which you will note is more than 60 days from now. Sharing in case that is helpful as a reminder that Disney Springs and other non-Disney managed restaurants are also available on OpenTable and (to my surprise) may allow you to book further in advance. The cancellation policy stated on the confirmation is that you have to cancel by 3pm day of or risk $10/person (so similar to Disney) and they required a credit card just like MDE.

Question: is there a reason some of you may prefer to keep a reservation in MDE?

The one thing I wondered is whether mobile check in (which I found really helpful on our last trip) is a thing on Open Table… but do non-Disney restaurants (and RR specifically) use mobile check in through MDE anyway? Is there anything else I am missing?

2 Likes

Nope. Not that I can think of

1 Like

You are right on time with this today ma’am. I’ve been trying to bookThe Edison and coming up short. Went over to Open Table and selected from three options. The only (slight) problem I see is forgetting about the reservation because it’s not in MDE. My trip is ADR heavy, so hopefully they will send an email confirmation and also a follow up reminder the day before or day of. (The site didn’t ask for cc, nor did I receive confirmation.)

Thanks for the helpful information. :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I prefer Open Table for their cancellation policy. I was looking for arrival day at Jaleo for my February trip but I believe they state they book through Open Table at 45 days?

I have had a couple of credit card guaranteed reservation in Open Table. Raglan brunch was one of those meals.

1 Like

Glad the info was helpful! I got the usual email confirmation generated from Open Table and my phone calendar synced to add an appointment like other Open Table dining reservations. Hope the same happens for you!

1 Like

I have used Open Table for reservations at Universal Studio City Walk like the Hard Rock and some Universal Park reservations. I never had to pay a fee but I got chewed out for not showing up for a reservation I had forgotten about. Threatened to not let me make reservation via Open Table in the future. When I explained what had happened they thanked me and said now all was good.

1 Like

In the past, I’ve used the Note function inside MDE to create a reminder within my plans. That way it shows up in time order just like the rest of my day. As far as I can tell, it’s a function of the website under “Add More Plans”

4 Likes

I didn’t know about that either. Thank you.

1 Like

This is c/p from an ADR email from Disney:

Cancel

• You must cancel at least one day prior to your reservation to avoid a per person cancellation fee. If you fail to cancel timely and are a no show, the credit card provided at the time of reservation will be charged $10.00 per person.

My February trip is 98 days away. I currently have the first two nights booked in a SSR preferred studio with two different wait lists set up (one for BWV since my other two nights are there). As of this morning, I have Wine Bar George and The Boathouse booked in Open Table. I most likely will book back ups in MDE in 38 days in case one of my wait lists come through.

1 Like

Bumping my own previous thread as a PSA that I was playing around in Open Table and it looks like the DS restaurants are bookable 90 days out using Open Table rather than 60 when reserving through Disney. Hope someone is able to put that knowledge to good use!

2 Likes

I think it is closer to 100 days? Last Friday I booked July 23rd. That is 96 days from today?

2 Likes

Nice! Maybe some are further out than 90. The 90 day mark had all of them pop up when I was messing around with it before. Just checked… You can book through July 27th today. So you’re right, 100 days. An even better advantage!!

1 Like

Yes, I always book through OpenTable and I was tracking it for my July trip. Jaleo is 42 days so that does not open when others open.

2 Likes