Oogie Boogie Bash

Is anyone here planning to attend the Oogie Boogie Bash? My daughter and I have tickets for October 27, and I’m hoping to get some good feedback from earlier party-goers. Also, if you have tips or tricks from the Halloween Party at DL, those might be good to know too!

2 Likes

In the past TouringPlans has done a guide for what to expect for the Halloween party but I don’t see one for this year with all the DCA updates. I imagine they are probably going to the first party (tonight!) and will have a guide out within the next couple of days. I would keep my eyes peeled on the blog, plus any other info you can get from partygoers (of which I am sadly not a part of).

2 Likes

It’s 10:30 AM the day after the party! A little impatient for the blog post. Ha ha!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Ask and ye shall receive! It’s here!

3 Likes

Thanks for this Loraine. I will be there for the Thursday, October 3rd party and It looks great! Also love that we can still see the old party fireworks in DL another night. Do you guys have a trip planned?

2 Likes

Yay! We’re going to one of the last parties (October 27) and I’m really excited. The blog said they saw some villains I would not have expected - i.e. Shan Yu. Mulan is a big favorite of my daughter so I hope we can see him! I am most looking forward to the parade and WofC. Least interested in trick or treating. So hoping to get some rides in - particularly Guardians as I love the Halloween overlay - as well as the party stuff.

2 Likes

So exciting you get to go!! The stuff for the party looked interesting but none of it persuaded me enough to fork out the money for the family to go to party. I am actually way, way, way, way more excited about seeing Halloween Screams without a party ticket than anything. We’re trying to figure out a next trip, maybe even before MSEP is done at the end of this month to catch it one more time for E and see all the fun Halloween stuff. Nothing set in stone yet though, but that’s how we usually roll with these trips, last minute! LOL

2 Likes

I wish I was able to come in a few days early to see MSEP, but I have to work on 10/1 (arriving 10/2), and the last parade is 9/30. I love that parade so much!
As for the party, I do love the Villains so am glad they are such a big part of the Oogie Boogie Bash. I love to see and photograph a lot of the characters, without having to wait in line for them, so having 5 villains inside treat trails is wonderful for me. Throw in the parade, WOC Villainous, and a few rare character meets, and I will be happy. Hope you get a last minute trip!

2 Likes

I can’t like this on account of work keeping you from coming to see a parade you love so much. If anything though, them bringing back the parade even after an announced “farewell tour” in 2017 means they plan to keep in their back pocket for boosts in attendance when they need it so hopefully there’ll be another time for you!

I’m glad you’re still going at Halloween time though. It’s such a great time! I know you’ll enjoy every minute of the party- do you have a costume decided yet??

1 Like

Tonya, Jules and I are going as Huey, Dewey and Louie.

1 Like

Love it! I can’t wait to see the pics :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Wahoohokie
I believe your party was last week? How was it? Dying to know! My daughter and I are going October 27.

We went Thursday night and thought it was great! We met so many characters, did all 5 immersive treat trails (plus several regular treat trails), saw Villainous, the parade, the Villains Grove and had plenty of time for all of it. We also got stopped every 5 minutes by people wanting to take our pictures as they loved our costumes. We did not go to the Disney Jr party or the Descendants party, just weren’t interested. It was sold out, as they all are but did not feel overly crowded to us. The character lines were mostly in the 10-15 minute range. The Grove has the longest wait, I watched the parade from right by Little Mermaid, and as soon as it passed hurried fast to the Grove, and it was walk in and pretty empty. By the time I left the line was probably an hour again. We watched the 10:45 Villainous, and got front row on the bridge to Lamplight Lounge arriving at 10:41! There was no row two, everyone watching from the bridge got front row. We did not do rides at all, so cannot comment on those. We were in the parks for 5 days, so they weren’t priority and when you see our costumes you will see another reason we didn’t ride- too hard with our feathered tutus and duck feet.
Here are some pictures:

3 Likes

Looks like so much fun! I especially loved the pic with Baloo from Tale Spin. I loved that show when I was a kid.

2 Likes

@Wahoohokie

Your costumes are amazing! (#goals) I am going with my 19 year old daughter and she refused to do a costume or even ears! I did get us some Chillin’ Like a Villain t-shirts and she’s wearing a baseball cap with Maleficent horns. I’m wearing mine with some Etsy villain ears. I’m also going to have to drag her to the meet and greets. As long as we can fit in Guardians After Dark, I’m good on rides. Can’t wait!

2 Likes