Only using parks at night during the summer?

We are looking at possibly going in the summer and only using the parks around 5pm-closing. I am from SC so I know about the heat and humidity and afternoon showers…it gets brutal here. Question is, am I wasting my money?

1 Like

Personally, if that is how you want to do it I don’t think you are wasting your money at all. My mom loved being in the parks at night. I would be there from RD on and she would come meet us later. I think it is a great way to do it! It will take either a good plan or a lot of flexibility though. I wouldn’t count on headliners without fpp.

we are going in a few wks. My 12 year old wants to do that. I think it is a GREAT idea. There is more Magic at night. You can sleep in - enjoy the morning and then hit it hard at night - great idea

I love this idea! We are new to South Carolina, so I have a feeling I’m in for a rude awakening with heat and humidity… Touring at night might be the perfect strategy and balance for both a relaxing vacation and super fun evening entertainment!

They have that new night magic ticket. It’s not too much more then a single day ticket and rumour has it the park will be far less crowded. You get in at 7 from what I hear to. May want to check it out.

I’d prefer you didn’t as I don’t want it to catch on but hey, that’s just me :slight_smile:

Also, I love the heat so unless I’m physically melting…it doesn’t bother me.

1 Like

florida in summer = hotter than the sun / more humid than a steam room

We were there in summer. We rope dropped. left around midday and went back at night.
The nights were gorgeous but we did definitely get a lot more rain on the nights. Be prepared for some attractions closing if there are lightening storms (ie at MK splash, big thunder, 7dmt) and others becoming more crowded as a result.
We loved how much we got done in the mornings, but loved the night time atmosphere.

I think it is up to you what to do. If you are staying on property than you could do EMH and leave around 10 or 11 and go back and enjoy your hotel or rest also. Any time at Disney is AWESOME :slight_smile: You might even just consider doing a couple mornings so you could watch the early shows :slight_smile:

We are from Pennsylvania and have gone Labor day week. You can get Parkhopper plus tickets. When I went with my son we got up put swimsuits on with clothes over. We went to Animal Kingdom and put Waterpark stuff in a locker. We rode what we wanted riding Kali River Rapids last. We took a bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge and transferred to the Waterpark. When dark clouds appeared, we got a bus back to resort. We then rested and went back in the evening to one of the parks. You may want to do early mornings to get on rides at rope drop and leave by 11 am.

Certainly don’t think it is wasting your money - you will have a great time. I would expect your holiday to be based more around the night time shows and have fewer rides than a trip with RD in it, but that still sounds a lot of fun. I would defiantly do the evening EMH in MK as you can get a lot done in those final few hours (esp if it closes at 1 or 2 am). You will also be able to take advantage of the new evening entertainment at AK