On The Go Breakfasts

Hi all! I’m thinking I don’t want us wasting time sitting around eating breakfast so I’d like to pack some breakfasts on the go for us to have waiting for boats/busses, in the parks, etc. What are your favorite on the go breakfast ideas??

Are you in a hotel? Does it have a fridge?
Will you drive to the park and/or have access to groceries?

Pop-Tarts.

Because, you know…they are part of this nutritious breakfast.

(Okay…they aren’t the nutritious part…but they provide on-the-go sustenance that my family enjoys on vacations!)

4 Likes

I don’t always need a big breakfast if I’m having a sit-down lunch soon. So sometimes I’ve gone down to the QS place and gotten a banana and coffee. I also like bringing Clif or Kind bars along. They put something in my stomach without spoiling my appetite for my hard-won TS reservations.

3 Likes

Sometimes I buy a grab and go pastry the night before from the hotel QS. I bring ziploc bags to keep it fresh overnight.

2 Likes

Z bars, Nutrigrain bars and bananas are all decent on the go options. Apple slices travel well too. We did this a lot last December and I plan to do the same this year. My kids will also eat things like goldfish (cheese or pretzel) and dry cereal on the go.

I need coffee first thing but find in room coffee machines kind of gross so I ordered Starbucks espresso drinks. They were the perfect size - and caffeine dose - to have while getting ready. I also ordered juice boxes for the kids.

We have groceries delivered, so I keep bananas, coffee cake, cereal, milk, and juice in the room. We take turns eating while other people are getting ready. I usually also get cereal bars of some sort to take along, if necessary.

2 Likes

Hi yes, all important info! Staying at Wilderness Lodge, I don’t believe we have fridges there. I think I will be doing a grocery order :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought all the resorts had a fridge. I’d be surprised if a deluxe doesn’t have them.

There’s a mini fridge in WL rooms. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok. Me… I’d do bagels and cream cheese or peanut butter. Yoghurt with granola. When I was considering a Disney on-site stay I even contemplated buying a toaster for $25 and just throwing it away.
My kids would like pop tarts.
Juices or Gatorade or even soda.
Some can eat while others dress and vice versa.

Something that’s walkable and doesn’t need a spoon. Protein bars/bananas/breakfast sandwiches. I don’t think you’re allowed to eat on the Disney buses.

2 Likes

you’re not supposed to, but I’ve seen lots of people doing it

I hope/presume this is to alleviate concerns over food allergies…particularly dangerous food allergies that can cause anaphylaxis merely by smell and/or touch in some cases!

2 Likes

We had a driver last week who said “ignore what the announcement said, feel free to eat and drink all you want”, which is the first time I’ve heard that. It was in the middle of the day, though, on a not crowded bus.

1 Like

For most days we usually have granola bars or pb crackers/cheese crackers in the room. Toward the end of the trip sometimes one of us will make a run to the food court for choc chip pancakes or waffles. My teens are hard to wake after a few days of early rising, so I have pics of them eating pancakes in bed on several occasions. :smile:

1 Like

Other things we eat that haven’t been mentioned:
-hard boiled eggs
-cottage cheese cups
-yogurt cups
-string cheese
-almonds
-PBJ (we oftentimes buy a box of uncrustables)

2 Likes

Lots of great ideas here, everyone. Thank you!!

And no, I wasn’t planning on eating on busses or boats… I said while WAITING for busses/boats :wink:

4 Likes

If you have a fridge, we do yogurt, granola bars, cheese sticks, and bananas.

Pop-tarts are my go-to portable breakfast. They are good hot. They are good cold. They come in a convenient package. You don’t need utensils. They are delicious. They are a perfect food.

2 Likes