On-Site vs VRBO (with price difference)

Good morning! I have an “Is it worth it” question…

For a one-week stay over Christmas next year (12/23-12/30/17), we were planning a stay at a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo across the street from Disneyland.

After Costco released their 2017 packages, I put in our dates just to see what the price difference would be if we stayed on site.
So, to stay at PP in a “standard room” for the above-mentioned dates, it would cost us $800 more. This would include the Extra Magic Hour for 3 of the 4 days we planned to be in the park, PhotoPass and a gift card.

What would you do? VRBO with more space or on-site with all the extras??

IMO, what it gets down to is how valuable/useful is the extra space to you. If you are going to be spending as much time as possible in the parks and are merely using you accommodation as a “sleeping space”, then the on-site room might be the better choice. But if you are intending on spending more time away from the parks, would take advantage of the kitchen, or would generally benefit from the extra space (and bathrooms!), then the condo might be the better choice.

1 Like

This is actually a great point that I hadn’t thought of. Definitely something to ponder. In addition to the time it would take to walk back to the condo (which is significant, compared to the on-site places.)
Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

For 1 week go for the space. As a family of 4 we cannot share a hotel room for more than 2-3 nights. We all need a little bit of down time from each other and to decompress. Havent done DL but always stay offsite at wdw. When we stayed onsite at Uni we had a suite with 2 bedrooms even though it was $$$$…

For that length of time and that much savings, I would do offsite. 2 bathrooms is always a perk!

OTOH, staying at any of the three on-site hotels will get you EE, which may be important if you are (or can be) earlier risers. That period will be very, very crowded, so getting in early may help you a lot with getting on to the more popular rides.