On modifying

I never use Disney WiFi in the parks and I’m there in 2 weeks so I may be able to be a natural experiment to assess whether Disney is sending FP options based on where in the park it thinks you are if it is using the phone/MDE.

Would it be using the MagicBands also or instead, though? It certainly knows which park you are in, what FPs you have, and which rides you are on or near from the MagicBand.

3 Likes

My last trip was an impromptu 2 day visit. We only had hard tickets. However, I don’t doubt they use that RFID info for location based tracking.

Great! Also, if you do notice a better selection of FPs outside the park please let us know :slight_smile:

My bet is that Disney combines data from magic bands, wifi, phone gps and everything they have available to estimate your location, but I am paranoid about that stuff.

3 Likes

May I request a full and complete boasting of these certificates?? Photos!!!

2 Likes

Here they are!! I was oddly excited about these pieces of paper.

12 Likes

Aw, man! We purposefully rode all four mountains on FPP in Feb while at BWI because I wanted that certificate.

:scream::scream::scream:
You are my hero!!

2 Likes

And what happened???

We had a blast! Rode the mountains. Got more FP. Ate Mickey Bars. Had great resort. But no certificate. Oh well. Guess we’ll have to try again.

1 Like

Sorry. I really don’t know how they knew we rode them all–we didn’t have FPs for all of them. I guess their tracking really works.

2 Likes

:blush::blush::blush:

And I’ll join you!

2 Likes

I want these!!! Did you have to request them?

1 Like

Nope. They just magically appeared under our door!

1 Like

They seem to be a Boardwalk thing only though.

1 Like

Would love to hear @len take on all of this from an IT point of view.

Apparently, I’ve been giving up way too early on my refresh attempts.
Will redouble my efforts next time I’m there.

“refresh” doesn’t appear as an option on my MDE. I am on Apple. Is this something that only shows up day of?

On Android there is no button/gesture to refresh, but when you click on a time at the top of the Fastpass selection screen, that refreshes the options shown. You can even click on the same time and it will refresh the options.

Apparently on iPhone this is possible, see answer below.

Certainly the Mountain one I’d have a few times over, but only from ASMu and PCR - and alas, no such certificate has materialised so far! Never tried the 4in1 one, but actually would if I thought a cert might turn up :sweat_smile:

I found that only works on Android - on iPhone I had to select a different time. Same principle though! And I absolutely agree, you get limited options each refresh, so it does pay to keep modifying to the best option and then immediately retrying to get closer to what you want, as well as just plain refreshing if nothing takes your fancy. Got an FEA FPP 9 minutes later using this method!

1 Like

Click the almost-circle arrow at the top of your iPhone screen to the right of the name of the web page. That is the refresh symbol. Then it will reload with new rides/times available.

2 Likes