Omg fp done for fop 60 days out?

I got a FP for our last night. same day they have EMH so we may double up. Our first night we got Navi and I’m planning on getting on the queue at about 10:45 for a midnight park close. hoping its under an hour by then…

If on line an hour before close will they clear the queue before closing the ride?

As long as you get in the line, you’ll get on the ride. But they may close the line down early…

gotcha. thanks

That sounds like a good theory - I found no FPP at all for FoP when looking right at 7AM on my FPP day.
(Since then I’ve checked regularly and a few weeks later finally saw 1 set of FPP appear and got them.)

It does feels to me like they are erring on the side of caution and limiting the number of FoP FPP, at least so that FPP holders don’t end with unexpected massive waits as standby lines are huge.

Another factor to consider is that the more FPPs that are issued, the longer the SB lines become. I’m guessing they are trying to come up with a balance.

I know this is an old thread, but it is still pertinent.

We went to WDW the 2nd week in December. I was totally unable to get FPP for any day until the afternoon of the last day in the parks for FOP. Since that was completely unacceptable to me, we got up at the crack of dawn on the first day there (a Saturday).

There were EMH that day at AK, so we caught the FIRST bus from Art of Animation at about 6:50 a.m. We got there in time to be back only a short way from the rope. They dropped the rope at 7:30 or so and walked us into the park in chunks. Walk a while. Wait a while. By 7:50 we were getting on the ride. By the time the park officially opened at 8, we had done FOP and the line was standing at 1 hour wait time.

Touring Plans for the win!!! You all said to get there early and get in early, and we did. It was a rainy cold morning, too so that helped. We did the same routine on Wednesday without the EMH and had to wait a bit longer, but no more than 20 minutes total. We did the kid swap both times, and it worked like charm. The 5 year old was tall enough, but he would have freaked out on the back of that critter.

It was totally worth the early call. That is a fantastic ride. If Soarin’ is a 9 out of 10 and Rockin’ Roller Coaster is an 11 out of 10, FOP is right up there around 17 out of 10. I’m 71 and can hardly wait to get back and fly over Pandora again.

Forget the FPP for FOP. Get there early. Whatever time the resort says the bus will be there, it will be there earlier (they lie about that on purpose I think to keep the crowd down). Both days the buses left a full 20 minutes before they were supposed to be there, and we were fortunate to be waiting for them when they arrived.

3 Likes

To have the best chance at a FoP FP is to schedule your AK day for later in your stay. When your FP window opens at 60 days, it’s for your entire stay. Therefore, everyone that checks in on days before you has had first crack at your days, so the days 60 or 61 or even 62 days from today might not have any FP left. Go for 64+ days out, and you’ll find there may be plenty available. Our next trip, I was able to schedule FoP FPs on days 3, 4, and 6. Probably could have gotten one for day 5 as well, but we have other plans that day. (Yes, we are hitting AK just to go on FoP, then hopping elsewhere for the rest of the day. We are obsessed with it!)

Also, check frequently the day OF … I went on a last minute trip in December (CL 7+ the week before Christmas). I had a Nav’i River FP, but couldn’t get FoP. I tried and tried and tried to change NRJ to FoP but no dice. My FP time for NRJ came, and I got in line. I decided to check again … and et voila! There it was! FoP starting in 20 minutes! My squeal of joy got the attention of everyone in the boarding area.

Keep trying and don’t give up!

2 Likes