Olivanders wait time discrepency

Curious if anyone knows what the new, updated, spring break protocol is for Olivanders? At 9:55am the Universal app says 120 minute wait time for Olivanders in IOA, but Touring Plans says an expected wait of 10 minutes.
I will be in IOA in two weeks and plan on getting to the turnstiles about an hour before Early Entry and then going straight to Hagrids once Early Entry is allowed in. Directly after Hagrid’s, we plan on going straight to Olivanders with hopefully not too long of a wait.
Any insight is much appreciated.

1 Like

I can’t say for sure…but when we were there, you couldn’t always just walk up and do Olivander’s. There were times you had to sign up for a time that was later in the day. Once your time was called, however, the wait time was quite low. So I wonder if TP is giving wait time once your time is called, versus the wait from when you walk up to get a time slot. If, so, then BOTH times might be correct.

2 Likes

Another theory is that TP might be using the “old school, pre-covid” x number of people enter for every show, whereas now it is only one family at a time.

1 Like

On another thread, it was posted in early Feb:

“Universal has now reversed the Ollivander experience. They will take up to ten people in the room at a time and then spread the groups out once they are in the room. This means there is less of a chance for you to get chosen, but it is still more likely than it was pre-covid.”

3 Likes

We did Olivanders week and a half ago in Diagon Alley and it was only one party per theater. I think this might be since Diagon has two theaters and Hogsmeade has one, maybe the two parties are in Hogsmeade.

Do plan on Olivanders to be a long wait.

1 Like

I think the experience itself takes about 10 minutes per party, so no way will you have a wait time of 10 minutes if there’s any sort of line at all. And if you’re not there first thing, there will be a line. I think the wait time for Ollivander’s in the universal app is new; I don’t recall seeing it even in January. That is helpful.

3 Likes

Very helpful info. Thanks everyone!