Old MK maps

More Disney files dejunking today. Found this which looks odd but jogs no memory. I would have never thought I’d seen this ever.

9 Likes

That’s earlier than my earliest.
Mine is from 1991 and it has Splash as ‘coming soon’.
I remember the highway in the sky!! :grinning:

3 Likes

I can’t find a date tho. The Disney copyright line has no date.

I did have a device at one time for Epcot, that was round with ‘windows’ around it, and an inner wheel, that showed info in the windows. Haven’t seen that yet, going thru my too much stuff.

I saved an invoice from one trip that showed we got a pin, 50 Disney dollars and a mini golf game among other things in our package deal.

Loved the “buckets” for awesome photos. And now we have bigger buckets!

1 Like

So do I!

2 Likes

Looks like 1993 or 1994.

http://www.florida-project.com/guidemaps/magic-kingdom

1 Like

But this map has Splash

1 Like

count me in as remembering the highway in the sky!

2 Likes

I noticed - 20 thousand leagues was still there.

One of my fav rides

3 Likes

Excellent resource - thanks for the link.

1 Like

Awesome map.
Looks like it’s post-1994 apparently since it has The Legend of the Lion King and ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter.
But pre-1998 since the Tiki Room isn’t under new management.

1 Like

I think it says “coming summer of 1995” underneath. So that would put it in 1994 for sure. (Or early 1995 maybe. Not sure when they changed the maps)

1 Like

The Extra Terrorestrial Alien Encounter
Opening December 1994

Under 20,000 Leagues it says closed for renovation

Transportarium
Opening December 1994

King Stefan’s Banquet Hall

Mr Toad’s Wild Ride

Maya Angelou is the narrator at Hall of Presidents

1 Like

Did it ever open up again after that? I went sometime around 1991 and didn’t go back until 2014, so never got to go on it again. Or Mr. Toad. Or the Skyway. Etc. Etc. :frowning_face:

I don’t think it did.

Eventually it was filled in. And became a meet and greet - I think it was a m&g for Hook & Smee in '94. But maybe that was the '98 trip.

It was just a filled in area - and not on the maps (here there be dragons?) - for quite awhile.

Yeah, I miss those 3 a bunch.

1 Like

Good eye!!
I thought that was just BTM when I first looked. I can see the two distinct rides now.
My error.
I agree then that is after 1991 :+1:t2:

1 Like

These old maps bring back so much memories

My father is an engineer and was obsessed with maps in general, I inherited that and it applies to Disney maps too. I remember endlessly studying them as a kid and following our path in the parks. Too bad I didn’t save any of them, though they probably would’ve been shredded after use :grin:

3 Likes

Me too! It wasn’t until I looked at the map from my link that I realized it was Splash.

1 Like

I would love to get one of the maps that Brian uses in his touring plan videos to give tours of the parks. Anyone know where he got those?

I agree with 1994

1 Like