"old dog needs to learn new tricks"

It has been since November 2020 since I have been to WDW. My husband and I are going back March 17-25 2024. What are a couple of things I need to make sure I am up to date on before returning. It seems like G+ and LL are changing all the time, BG1 when do I use it? I have the 2024 UG and need to sit down with it. I am hoping for some directions and wondering what other rumors of change is out there for 2024. I know Park reservations aren’t needed and all day PH is back, YIPPIEE…what am I missing, that I should know?

1 Like

There will be changes to Genie+. Talks of advanced reservations. So tech speaking people here believe the new “code” shows it being basically paid Fast Pass + with tiers. VQ’s should still be a thing so when you get closer to the date, check the time and park entrance requirements if you plan on trying for a VQ. Currently you can do this in BG1. I don’t know if I would plan on using BG1 for your dates. It very well might be over by then.
MDE is a hot mess but get familiar with it. They keep changing little things and it’s frustrating.

2 Likes

New rides and attractions. No Magical Express, so choose a service. Mobile order is pretty much a thing now. Can cancel dining up to two hours before reservation. Magic Band +. Not necessary, IMO.

4 Likes

Thank you for your input. I would welcome the “paid Fast pass” on some level. At least to get a chance to ride the newer rides I haven’t had a chance to ride.

2 Likes

Adding Magic Bands are no longer complementary. I think the ones from 2020 should be good for everything except the extras that the MB+ do. And honestly, I was super underwhelmed with that. If and only if you have a Star Wars superfan that wants to spend a lot of time in GE playing on the Data Pad and the bounty hunter game, get 1 MB+. Only 1 is needed.

1 Like

Wait there are change coming to Genie+?!? Like for sure?

1 Like

I too had my last visit in Nov 2020. Well, for all intents and purposes. And am heading back in February. So GREAT QUESTION and thank you for asking!

I’m actually going to be really bummed if Genie+ changes before we go. Because it’s gonna take time for everyone to figure out the hacks and I will once again be going in the in-between time when nobody knows how to work within the loopholes of the system

And then after I get home the new SUPER GREAT HACK will be all the rage and saving everyone loads of time waiting in line

1 Like

Disney has said there will be changes. Len said there was unconfirmed confirmed info or structure in the new coding software thingy that suggested basically paid FPP+ with tiers. On the advanced strategy thread there is talk of changes too. I’m trying to recall what thread the convo was with Len.

1 Like

:tired_face: thank you for the info!!

1 Like

They are ridiculous. First, noone knows why they buzz and light when they do and they die fast for that part. Luckily when that happens they function like MB2 and still work for LL and your hotel door.

2 Likes

Wait…is that still only for date based tickets or did I miss something!!!

1 Like

Still only for date based tickets starting January 9.

Passholders still need park reservations except: “Passholders may visit a park after 2:00 PM without a theme park reservation––except when visiting Magic Kingdom park on Saturdays and Sundays. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply.”

If it’s a “good-to-go” day you won’t need a park reservation.

It’s somehow become more complicated. All the info here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/#drawer-card-drawerKnowBeforeYouGo

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes