Okay, Poll Time! When do you think WDW theme parks will re-open to guests?

“That Thing”?

The 4 are: Mike, Mike, Len and Annette.

They are a blast from the past…used to run the WDW Today podcast long ago.

Here is the thread I think:

I voted 1-15 July, meaning after July 4th.

If I were in charge I would want a slow opening. July 4th will present challenges I could do without.

Also, I could see how things were working out at UOR and learn from them.

2 Likes

Thank you SO much for your reply!!! <3 I hope tonight is like… tonight :wink:

I don’t know when the parks will re-open, and I’m still grieving the loss of my epic, 3 generation (grandma, daughters, granddaughters) June trip, scheduled to coincide with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building’s trip, btw, but it dawned on me today that soon I will be able to sign into the touringplans forum and read all about YOUR amazing adventures at WDW and DS. This is a little bit of light to look forward to. Fingers crossed–“open…open…open!”

Edited to add: I had my trip planned to perfection and when I discovered that I might have the opportunity to meet up with @sanstitre_has_left_the_building, that made the already perfect plan even more exciting. Of course, no one in my traveling party understood this, but I hope that you, my liner friends, will get it and understand all the levels of disappointment that I’m feeling right now.

7 Likes

It’s for the best. There is no way he can live up to the hype IRL. Now your mental image of him remains unblemished! :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes. We hear the number that have recovered and find great encouragement in that, as we should. But I think we forget that recovered means didn’t die but does not mean they are the same as they were before COVID. For some, certainly not all, recovery means a very long, challenging journey. It is not clear to me in any of the data I have seen what portion of our recovered are, as far as we can tell, fine and what portion are facing a very real change in their health and functioning. My DH, DSs, and I have an extremely low chance of dying from it. We take every requested precaution with the protection of others in mind and because we are asked to and can. I don’t fear getting it. But I also don’t want to get it.

3 Likes

Okay, Let’s see who is going to win the contest today!

5 Likes

Congrats to all who picked July 1-15

The check is in the mail.

9 Likes

Yeehaa!!!

Oooooh, goodie.

Wait, I’m still in lockdown. I can’t spend it. :disappointed_relieved:

Yup totally agree that they’re proceeding with caution and that’s not a bad thing even if it might appear off-putting.
As to laying the grounds for defending themselves, I’d expect the expectation/standard would be a multi-step question, starting with did Disney establish protocols for dealing with COVID-19.
Then the question is whether their protocols were in line with the standards/recommendations of the relevant authorities and what was adopted by their industry peers.
And of course, did Disney enforce those protocols diligently and systematically, including communicating to customers the risks, expectations and rules… like the release.

Don’t worry. Amazon delivers.

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised it is so late. With everyone else opening in early June they don’t have much to lose by following suit since they’d be following the market. I guess they really need the time? If there is a second wave and they have to close again, they will have been open for a shorter period and won’t have been able to make a dent in their overhead costs.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens between now and July 11th. 6 and a half more weeks! Easter was 6.5 weeks ago and I feel like tons has changed during that time period.

1 Like

Fourth of July. Always one of the busiest days. Don’t open until after that, no need to deal with complaints about not getting in and no fireworks.

Plus if Universal has to massively retool some things, this gives Disney time to do it without using their guests as guinea pigs.

6 Likes

This.

Oh look. I was exactly right. How unsurprising.

1 Like

Of course, 46% of the voters were also correct…

I was more specific. I win. I’m best.

1 Like