OK, sell me on CBR

It hit 99 in Phoenix the other day so it is nearly impossible for me to remember what snow feels like or believe that it can happen right now. :joy:

Can send you some - we have about a foot of it and still snowing😜 It was 65F just a week ago. (First real snowfall of the year) My Dad wintered in Yuma to escape it. My aunt winters in Phoenix - but due to Covid is still up in Canada.

1 Like

We’re the opposite. About a week ago, we were shoveling snow. Today we were in T-shirts and had my parents over for a little BBQ out on the porch. That’s New England for you - if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes. :slightly_smiling_face: Enjoy your WDW getaway!

My hubby thinks 57 degrees F is cold and pulls out the beanies and sweaters. LOL He has never lived anywhere with real winters because I honestly used to feel the same way until I spent 2 years where it snowed every week and winter was actually winter. We live in Austin, TX so we have no idea. Even if we get a freeze it lasts a couple of days and then it’s 85 for a week so we can’t actually adjust and adapt. But I have to say I don’t miss snow and not being able to park in my driveway because my house was down the hill. I remember pulling my mom up the driveway because she only had slippery shoes and couldn’t get the cab I had to call her to make her flight because I couldn’t get my truck out of the driveway because it was ice. I do not miss that!

I can sympathize! My parents’ house has a driveway that is downhill, i.e. it slopes towards the house. That was fun when I was learning to drive in the winter. Bonus points, I learned on my parent’s minivan with all weather tires. Not so hot in the snow!

One of the requirements I had when house shopping was “the driveway can’t have too much of a hill up or down.”

Ha ha ha. Yes, it was terrible. I had an F150 with front wheel drive and the back end slid all over the place. I didn’t have special tires or sand bags to put in the bed cuz I came from Central Texas! I mean when I first moved and winter hit I realized I didn’t have enough clothes for winter. All my jeans were capris! which unless you have knee high UGGs does not cut it. When it got icy I would just park my truck it in the street as that’s exactly how our house was…down a hill. But I can say after spending two winters when it got to 50 in March I was in shorts. And I now love the 50s so it did forever change my internal temperature gauge. But I don’t know if I could ever live somewhere it snowed a lot.

1 Like