OI Meetup Trip Report

Put the rain coat on as a precaution but we just got sprinkled. The row behind us was drenched though so feeling lucky!

Heading on to one of the bonus bite areas in Toon Lagoon now. Just want to try the boneless wings and have a drink for a bit and let some crowds disperse a little.

4 Likes

Check in is the same location for the two bonus bite locations in Toon Lagoon and they were splitting every other group. I specifically chose Comic Strip Cafe for the freestyle machine and AC so when they waved us towards the amphitheater we just went in a side door. :shushing_face:

There was about a 10 minute wait for chicken, but finally acquired it. Grabbed a slice of pizza as well because it looks lightyears better than yesterday’s from Monster Cafe.

Gonna sit for a bit, stream some hockey and take in some caffeine.

3 Likes

I think the lesson we are learning is IOA has the better eats

1 Like

I’ll be so interested to see if they do the Bonus Bites for the winter meet ups. I feel like these weren’t the most successful and if there’s a survey I wouldn’t rate them super high.

1 Like

I think i got one in my email so you’ll probably get one after tonight.

1 Like

6 Likes

Walked into the Dr Doom queue (5 min) just in time for the announcement about a lightning delay. No rain at the moment though so that’s a relief.

3 Likes

Sympathetic heart. And you’re right, they do not like hips.

2 Likes

So men designing these ride vehicles?

1 Like

Seems like. It’s odd that it’s designed that way. I mean I get the experience and everything, but could they have had wider seats if they did an over the shoulder restraint instead?

This is always my assumption. They are at least testing with men. It’s a common problem across many arenas so wouldn’t be unusual. And yeah, doesn’t make a lot of sense on the seat width. A lot of the vehicles have a wider seat but then add molded pieces that cut into your space. If they just didn’t have those there wouldn’t be issues (for me at least).

Over the shoulder restraints are old school for lack of a better term. Then the issues end up being chest size, and depending on how sharp turns are: ripped out ear rings.

1 Like

We walked over to US and just caught the preshow loading for Shrek 4D which I always find amusing.

Now in line for a crepe as we approach the end of public park hours.

4 Likes

This took about 30 min to acquire.

7 Likes

Just circling around and walking in to MIB over and over for a bit. They are making us go all the way around each time instead of being able to cut through child swap or anything which is a little bit of a pain. Getting those steps in for sure.

2 Likes

My sister is a bigger girl and when we were planning our trip in 2019, our biggest fear was she wouldn’t fit on Hagrid. When she got on the motorcycle and they locked her in, we both breathed a major sigh of relief and could actually enjoy the rest of the trip. I don’t understand why they do the smaller seating.

2 Likes

On 4th ride on MIB the ride has stopped right before unloading. We seem to be having the worst luck with this. Touching the unloading dock that evac wouldn’t be anything exciting this time though.

1 Like

Evidently it’s our vehicle causing the issues so they are manually pushing our car.

Sign next to me has become quite literal.

2 Likes

They were able to get us moved up to the unloading dock and manually release the lap are so we could get put. We are clearly cursed.

3 Likes

We’ve spent some time exploring Diagon and my sister purchased a wand so she’s trying some spells while I get a Dragon Scale beer.

3 Likes