OI Meetup Trip Report

Slept in today and now we are back at CityWalk. Have a Toothsome reservation at 1:30 that we are gonna try and check into early.

It’s another hot and humid day and looks like rain later, but only have a few more things we didn’t get to do yesterday and then will be taking it slow and probably riding MIB another 10 times.

4 Likes

Oh no!!

6 Likes

BIG thanks to you and @amvanhoose_701479 @gingerSnaps543222 @Nikkipoooo for the LIVE OI reports!!!

Did I miss ne1?

3 Likes

The answer is no for getting seated early. Checked in at 1, still waiting. Growing hungrier by the minute so fingers crossed we get called back soon. Maybe that’s their strategy to sell more in the chocolate store as you wait because I’ve definitely been tempted.

3 Likes

There’s already about 40 people lined up for the check in lines, which haven’t even opened the holding queues yet.

3 Likes

Yikes. Mental note to self, popular spot during meet-up days.

Finally got seated at 1:50 (1:30 reservation). Had already studied the menu so placed our orders hen we sat. There’s a lot of good stuff on the menu so it was a tough call.

Starting off with the chocolate bread though.

5 Likes

Took a page from @amvanhoose_701479 and got two sandwiches to share. Got the Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich and the May Contain Bacon burger.

6 Likes

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery :wink:

4 Likes

Finished up lunch and we’ve joined the check in queue. It was drizzling as we joined which I think kept people away from the line. Today it’s just one queue (instead of splitting by park from the start) and we are farther up in line than yesterday even though we joined 20 minutes later.

3 Likes

Checkin was crazy fast and they never split by park so we are going into IOA and heading to velocicoaster. Not sure if we should go for single rider or not. Anyone know if that’s been quicker?

Rain in the area still so hoping we don’t get stuck like @gingerSnaps543222 tonight. At least we learned from her misfortune and would bail after a bit.

3 Likes

It wasn’t open yesterday or we would have done it. It had a capacity full sign

2 Likes

Got over to Velocicoaster but I wanted to try the test seat before getting in line. Unfortunately as a size 16 woman I do not fit in the seats. Not a fun feeling, not gonna lie.

:anguished::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m SO sorry!!! That is NOT okay!!! you are NOT large!!!

3 Likes

Universal is not friendly to anyone with hips. I’m uncomfortable on most rides here and it’s one of many reasons I much prefer Disney.

On the bright side we had grabbed a VQ pass for Hagrid’s that we thought there was no chance we could make. We figured we’d try it even though we were about 45 min late and after a brief scolding from the TM he let us through. Another unnecessary thing, tbh. Let us on or don’t, understand either but I don’t need a lecture.

It’ll be good to get a ride on this just to make sure we can ride it, and may be able to do it again later during the meetup hours. First time for both of us!

3 Likes

I looked at the woman they grabbed to try the rest seat at RRR and thought she was not large at all other than she was tall. They tested DH for being too tall. They are pretty strict.

Edit: when one of the water slides said like 140lbs or less I was like okay I can lost that much to ride it but then they changed it to a body slide thank goodness and I didn’t have to diet.

I am 5’10” and think so much of it is where you carry your weight. But it feels far from unreasonable to expect to be able to ride a roller coaster as an average sized American woman. Makes me sad as I’m sure there’s many people who come and can’t ride the majority of rides here.

2 Likes

Hagrid’s ended up being exactly an hour. I rode on the bike and the sides definitely cut in on the hips but fit without any real issues.

First time in that one and I’d avoided spoilers. Had very high expectations because everyone loves it and wow, it was fantastic. So many surprises.

5 Likes

Jurassic Park is at 20 min so we are gonna go ahead and knock that out while we are nearby. I can’t remember how wet you get on this, so hope I don’t regret it :joy:

2 Likes