OI Meetup~Epcot~Resort Hopping: A short trip report

Hello, dear friends! I am in Orlando with a non-forum dear friend (J) for a quick little jaunt to both Universal and WDW.

We intended to fly in yesterday afternoon, but we were flying standby and the flight didn’t look good. So instead we took the red eye Wednesday night. I’m too old for that nonsense! :tired_face:

We’re staying two nights at Endless Summer Surfside. We checked in about 7:00 am. Luckily our room was ready by 10:30! I like this hotel. It’s the second time I’ve stayed here. The only real complaint I have is how noisy the rooms can be. I think it’s the pipes.

25 Likes

We napped a bit then headed to City Walk and had nachos and the margarita flight at Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville.

Walked around a bit to orient J to the lay of the land.

19 Likes

Then decided to take the boat to Portofino. This resort is gorgeous! And the lobby smells amazing. I immediately decided I need to stay here someday.

21 Likes

Tonight the OI meetup! Can’t wait!

5 Likes

So
Pretty!

4 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Yay, yay, yay!!!

2 Likes

No offense, but this retention basin reminds me of this post:

Senor Vespa!!!

7 Likes

I know, right. You should try it sometime! :wink:

1 Like

Have a great time!

:star_struck:

1 Like

:rofl: at least that somewhat looks like a man-made lake vs what we’re dealing with. This is more like what we’re seeing (not actual pics from my parent’s) where it’s more like a flooded grass area.

2 Likes

Currently at the pool getting some vitamin D. Not needing to RD is so nice! Our entire trip (except the darn red eye) is built around afternoon/evening plans. Perfect for west coasters!

15 Likes

We have a lot of retention ponds in our area but they are wet for most the year. We don’t get very many mosquitoes in the Puget Sound area. Do you get them where you are? These ponds seem like they could be a mosquito nightmare!

2 Likes

I thought it was such a pretty view and you saw retention pond! :joy:

The whole resort just screamed Luca! I wish it was a Disney resort honestly.

6 Likes

Oh yes! That’s my fear too bc we already get them badly.

1 Like

Prolly not

tenor

3 Likes

Ok I take it back - the UOR pic is a tropical paradise in comparison! And it was a pretty pic. :wink:

4 Likes

:joy: You know you could never offend me, right?

4 Likes

So we’re checked in for the event. Some ladies we talked to on the bus told us definitely no admission before 5:00. But … we might try in a bit and claim ignorance if we’re turned away. :innocent:

2 Likes