Ohana or Crystal Palace for breakfast

We are approaching ADR day for our May trip. We would like one breakfast, considering Ohana or CP. DH, DD6, and I are going for 8 days. DD6 is a very picky eater and set in her ways. She eats gogurt and donuts most days. Ohana is the least expensive and has Lilo and Stitch; CP has more variety and Pooh & Co. Suggestions please. Thanks

CP is a buffet so more likely to find something she wants to eat maybe? Plus if you get it pre-rd you might get some good photos.

I would check the menu for 'Ohana since it is not a buffet to make sure that the items available will be acceptable. Would hate to pay for a meal that she won’t eat.

Either way I’m sure the experience will be fun for you.

1 Like

I’ve eaten at both, and the food was very good at both places. If she likes Mickey waffles, then she’ll have something available at either place. I found 'Ohana a bit more relaxing because it’s served family-style at your table. If you want more of anything, you can just ask. However, you’re right that there was more variety at Crystal Palace. You just have to get up and get it yourself, which can sometimes be hectic with a little one.

1 Like

We’ve never done 'Ohana for breakfast, but we love CP (of course, pre RD is the way to go!). I don’t think you coud really go wrong with either one.

1 Like

We have done both several times. The food is fine at both, and the characters are different. I prefer the food at Ohana, and I really like that they serve family style instead of buffet. With four little ones, it can be complicated trying to get everyone’s food and not miss characters. Also, we like that you can make earlier reservations at Ohana which allows for an easier Rope Drop. We’d rather have 7:00 or 7:15 reservations at Ohana than 8:05 at CP. That’s just our preference though, as we are morning people and are up early early. I’d say make your decision based on the characters. Ohana has a pastry basket, and CP has pastries as well. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. We asked the DD5–Pooh and CP have won the vote.

2 Likes

cp was our very first character breakfast ever…so it holds a special place in our hearts! i liked being able to leave and get straight to touring.

we did ohana too and loved it. both are excellent choices and you won’t be disappointed with either!

1 Like

CP for breakfast is our typical first day meal for every trip the last 17 years. But this year we are changing since we are on our second visit in 10 months. Will see how the kids react to the change.

A

1 Like

Got CP for last day breakfast. Got other ADRs we wanted, maybe not at the times we first intended. We can adjust the TPs easily.
We are now doing double digit dance for AKL couple weekend in March.

1 Like