Ohana: Hoping Nobody Gets Left Behind (A TR)

Today’s the day! My family and I are heading to WDW later on for a visit with Our Favorite Cast Member, my daughter Julia.

For those who don’t know, Julia has been living the dream since late August as a CM in the Disney College Program. This visit is our opportunity to see her at about the halfway point in her program; she will come home in January!

Who: Me, DH, DS15, DAunt (DA), DMom (DM), and DD19
When: TODAY! We’ll be there until Tuesday afternoon :slight_smile:
Where: Staying at OKW in a 2BR villa
What: all the things - all four parks, maybe DS, and a side quest to UOR for all of them (but not me, who stays away from the shadowy places)

Itin:
10/26: all of us fly in to Orlando, arriving by 9:30pm to our villa. No plans tonight
10/27: slow and easy morning at the resort, lunch at SH71, MNSSHP
10/28: AK morning, Y&Y lunch, HS afternoon and evening
10/29: MK morning, Capture Your Moment session, EP afternoon and evening, dinner at La Hacienda (DM does a side quest here to have dinner at Coral Reef with a friend of hers who is there too)
10/30: UOR for them, AK and EP for me with some crashing
10/31: check out, early lunch at Boma, fly home

I’ve never brought someone to the World who hasn’t been there in literally decades. I’m super excited to show them our Happy Place and I’m very much looking forward to hugging my baby girl! Dynamics being what they can be between siblings (DA, DM) I may be running interference from time to time but I have been navigating that for so long it hopefully won’t be a ton different there.

This will NOT be a Live Trip Report, but I’ll update as time allows and probably do a recap at the end of the day/early the next morning. I hope you’ll follow along!

52 Likes

So exciting!!

5 Likes

I can feel your mom hug energy from here.

10 Likes

Ah, I’m happy you get to see your DD very soon!! :blush:

6 Likes

Have a great trip! Sounds like a fun plan.

6 Likes

If you run into a gal with really cool Up earrings, warn your family she’s a glomper! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hope y’all have the best time!

11 Likes

So excited to follow along but even more excited for the vacation crashing!! :grin:

10 Likes

I don’t actually get to see HER til tomorrow

She is working this evening and won’t get out til super crazy late so she has opted to stay at her apartment tonight. We’ll connect earlyish in the day tomorrow.

Unless we drive over to CBR for snacks after we’re there… :thinking:

20 Likes

I will!! :raising_hand_woman:

Have fun with your family and EFCM!

6 Likes

Except @ThorKat who has her own favorite CM, and who is also EFCM
We can have two, right?

10 Likes

:rofl: Like there is any chance that this won’t be happening.

7 Likes

There actually is LOL

My aunt arrives earlier and will go over that way for dinner.

The rest of us may be tired by the time we get in and settled. And I also don’t want to be completely disruptive to her while she’s on shift.

But, depending on how everyone’s energy seems to be I may offer it up as a possibility before bed :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Yep, sorry Julia can’t be the top spot for me but she is a very close second :wink:

13 Likes

Safe travels to you all!
Hope it’s a great trip for everyone :crossed_fingers:t3::yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Excited to follow along!! :purple_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

Yay! This sounds like it will be a fun trip!

5 Likes

Yay! Excited to follow along!

4 Likes

The gif I couldn’t post earlier when it made more sense:

0SATPgKZNCmO5E7R0s

You will be the best tour guide ever!

9 Likes

I’m so impressed!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Have an amazing trip!!

3 Likes