Ohana: Breakfast --- Worth it?

Is breakfast at Ohana’s worth it? We will be staying at the Pop Century. It seems a bit out of the way to head to Ohana’s. The food does not seem particularly special but it is worth it because the character interaction with Stitch makes it so? So is meeting Stitch at Tomorrowland or Waterpark a better option?

Thank you

Is you ask my DS13 he would definitely say it’s worth it.:joy: He loves Stitch so we do breakfast at 'Ohana on many of our trips. A lot of the food is pretty standard breakfast food–the pineapple bread is quite tasty (and they have Mickey and Stitch waffles). I love that it is served family style and is not a buffet.

Thank you!

1 Like

I’m about to find out in January. I have breakfast booked there on our departure day. I’ve been there for dinner before, and that was definitely worth it. I’m looking forward to the breakfast.

1 Like

Meeting the characters was fun, but you are correct that the breakfast is just standard fare. We would go again if we were on the dining plan, but not if paying out of pocket for it.

1 Like

It’s a good solid breakfast - the family style makes it better as you don’t have to get up. Character interactions are OK, but not amazing. The parade they do is kinda’ cool if you’re kids would get into that. I like doing it if we’re staying near the Poly, but we also like breakfast food in general. Staying at Pop, I’m not sure I’d do it unless your kid is a huge Stitch fan or you have a day where you don’t care about touring a park in the morning and would do breakfast at the Poly instead…

1 Like

This was one of our favorite meals. We went departure day. Mickey was great interacting with my non character loving DS4 and got several smiles out of him. also, they brought us out bacon when we asked because DS didn’t want the sausage.

1 Like

We had eliminated Ohana from our list because we heard they serve peanut sauce and our DS is severely allergic. Even if they don’t bring it to our table, the worry about whether there is some residual peanut on the table from previous meals isn’t worth it, especially when there are so many places to eat.

Do they serve the peanut sauce at breakfast? Or am I getting the restaurant wrong?

So my family and I ate at Ohana breakfast yesterday. While it is standard breakfast fare, I found it to be really good. Also, they just keep bringing more, which is great! We had a great interaction with Stitch, but Lilo was dull. They no longer have photographers walking around with the characters which seems small, but was really annoying to pull out my phone 3 separate times (Mickey, Lilo and Stitch), as did other family members, and it made the process a lot slower.

They definitely don’t have peanut sauce out at breakfast. Cannot verify dinner. DS has a nut allergy too.

2 Likes

Thank you!

My family loved Ohana. We did a non Disney resort/Universal trip this summer and I did Ohana as a special trip on an off day to give the family just a little Disney Magic on the trip. It delivered for us. Yes, the breakfast is pretty standard, but it was very good IMO. Characters were good. Son loved Stitch, tried to be grumpy around Lilo and she just mirrored him until we were all laughing.

I’d do it again.

1 Like

No I don’t think so. Super crowded and rushed. Venue needs a good clean. Unless you love LILO and Stitch, I’d do something else.

I personally love Ohana! I think the breakfast is really tasty and we had great interactions with the characters. I particularly love walking around the Poly too, it has such a nice atmosphere and unique things in the stores. My daughter still sleeps with a soft Lilo doll we got there, so I’m sentimental about it!

That said, if it’s out of your way and you are lukewarm, I wouldn’t do it. It’s expensive and if you are already on the fence, you might not feel like you got your money out of it. Meeting Stitch elsewhere will probably meet your needs if you don’t feel you’d miss out on Lilo or Hawaiian Mickey. I dropped our reservation on our next trip because we decided it was a little too out of our way, too. I think if we were ever staying on the monorail loop in the future, I would do it, but otherwise only if we have a lot of time one morning.

1 Like

Thank you Simone and Lastweetvie. Can we meet Stitch for sure at Tomorrowland or Typhoon Lagoon?

We just went on Saturday. Probably won’t go back unless the kids REALLY want to see Lilo and Stitch again. Not worth the price since we aren’t big eaters. I felt kinda rushed too. A guy cleaning tables tried to take our food twice before we were done. The best part was our server. He was very nice and attentive.

Thank you!