O'hana - breakfast vs. dinner

In a foolish attempt to allow others to help me plan :wink: , I let my kids each pick a “must do” restaurant. My son’s only request was O’hana for breakfast because Stitch is his favorite character. None of us are big breakfast eaters though and I think we’d enjoy the food and atmosphere at dinner much more. Although they give some things fancy names to fit the theme, the breakfast menu looks to be just your standard fare you can get almost anywhere. So, in essence we’d be going just to meet Stitch.

Should I attempt to sway him on his choice or just be a good mom and roll with it? :smile:

Character meals are pretty much all about the character interaction, rather than the food.

Personally, I say roll with it. You did ask for specific input and leave the door wide open. Not his fault that you heard his choice and went “d’oh!”

2 Likes

Lol! I was afraid that was going to be the answer. :smile: But doesn’t he know a vacation at WDW is all about the adults?? Who gives their kids choices??

1 Like

:laughing:I say roll with it too. One day it will just be you and your husband and then it really CAN be about the adults. Miss going to WDW when our kids were younger, but enjoying the heck out of it just being adults now too

2 Likes

I vote to just roll with it! They grow up too fast so give the boy his “Stitch”. :grinning:

3 Likes

Amen to that!!!

2 Likes

Would having breakfast and dinner at O’hana (on different days) be overkill?

If not, would you give up dinner at Whispering Canyon in order to eat dinner at O’hana?

not overkill if that’s what you want. I’ve only eaten breakfast at Whispering Canyon and although the food was good, the wait staff was “not feeling” the whole being obnoxious thing, so that was a let down for us. Have not eaten dinner at 'Ohana in years, so don’t remember the food options, but of course if you time it right, you could see Magic Kingdom FWs from 'Ohana or on the Poly beach (sounds like you already knew that anyway)

1 Like

We did both last year and my son asked to do both again this year. He loves Stitch. We enjoyed both and I have no problem doing both again.

One warning, our 'Ohana breakfast was on our last full day in WDW. All week my son was asking when we were going. He adores Stitch and loved meeting him, so maybe don’t wait for the end of the week if your son is really looking forward to it.

1 Like

Being nosy - are you the Hoya? My oldest is in grad school there

We actually enjoy 'Ohana for breakfast. The pineapple bread is great and we love POG juice. The rest is rather standard breakfast fare. We often go late morning and call it brunch.

2 Likes

I am a Hoya! Undergrad. Hope your oldest loves it as much as I did.

He does, but he’s also working, so it’s very different I’m sure as an undergraduate. He loves the area though

I asked my teenager the same thing and she said she wanted to eat with Winnie the Pooh. So we are having dinner at Crystal Palace. Not on my list of places to eat, but she is a senior so it is her last time to be a kid. We are also doing Ohana breakfast, our last morning before leaving. My 4 year old is a huge Lilo and Stitch fan as well. So I say go with it and I am sure he will look back as a great memory someday even if the food isn’t that exciting.

2 Likes

Ohana breakfast is my husband’s only non-negotiable we-must-do-it meal. He’s a huge Stitch fan, and while yes, you can meet Stitch at the parks, the meal feels much more intimate. And for us introverts, that makes it worth it.

I get what people say about the character breakfasts at WDW being pretty standard, but for us, we can eat enough to skip lunch (which helps justify the price), we’ve always had good experiences with the food being hot and fresh, and it’s vacation. Do the things! Lol

3 Likes

If you think it will be a high point of his holiday then go with it, but I agree with you dinner is much more relaxing, and enjoyable than breakfast. If there’s somewhere you think he might like just as much you could try and change his mind, or late breakfast after EMH at MK.

1 Like